1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith Healer

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 6, 2006.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Would you host a faith healer in your church to speak and heal for a service?

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cure an amputee,
    Cause the blind to see;
    (heal MY arthritis :rolleyes: )

and I'll see what I can do for you. :D :D

Rob

3. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

Only if the faith healer was Jesus Himself :D

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

haha Deacon, I would like to see one who does something besides cure a bad-back or stretches out a leg that just happens to be too short.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

We would hold the preaching services in the Chapels of Saint Jude's and New Orleans' Charity Hospitals respectively---then we can go door to door on each floor and put Saint Jude and Charity both out of business---I'm sure the doctors and adminstrators won't mind a bit!!! YOU?? And when the last patient rises from his/her bed and walks out the door---we'll padlock the door behind us and head on out to the nearest creek/river/lake for Baptisimal services!!! How about that???

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No. I only know of one case of genuine faith healing. It was a person whose blind-as-a-bat nearsightedness was cured during a small groups prayer service with someone who was a very powerful prayer parner. That person refuses to take credit for it, and refuses to be called a faith healer, and absolutely eschews any attention. The same cannot be said for Benny Hinn or Peter Popoff. But we already know that one of them is a verified charlatain. You get to pick which one.

7. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I'm with Deacon.

8. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

No. The faith is always in the belief that you will be healed rather than in Jesus.

MR

9. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

No, but I don't have that kind of authority in my church. Since I don't have that authority, if one were invited, I wouldn't go to the service and I probably wouldn't go back to that church -- ever.

11. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

There was a faith healer at a local church here, and there were so many people who left (they had objected before) that they had to close their school.

12. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

A Christian sister whom was a member of the church I was a member invited me to another church where there was a faith healer. She told me they could heal me of my inoperable brain tumor.

I declined, the only one who can cure me is JESUS, no one else.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

13. James Flagg

James Flagg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would abandon that church immediately and demand that my name be removed from the list of members.

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In MY Baptist church? I'd punch him in the nose until I had fulfilled Prov 30:33 and then say "Physician, heal thyself" as I broke open a pillow and heated up the tar . . .

But I'm kinda wishy-washy about it. Maybe some others would be violent. [​IMG]

15. standingfirminChrist

Dr. Bob,

What about that verse that says, 'Lay hands suddenly on no man'?

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL, bro!!

Is "wringing of the nose produces blood" really laying hands on him? Nah.

If I laid hands, it would be about neck high until eyes bulged . . then maybe a trip to see how deep the baptistry is. :rolleyes:

17. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

I wouldn't have him at the church, because there aren't many sick people there. But I would be happy to give him a ride down to Arkansas Children's Hospital where there are many who need to be healed. I'm guessing he probably wouldn't care for that though.

18. mnw

mnw New Member

Doesn't "lay hands suddenly on no man" refer to putting a young or immature believer into a leadership position? Anyway...

No faith healers in my church. The only faith healer I know is not only out of the country but out of this world at the moment. When He comes back, then there will be some healing!

I think I would react in the loving manner that Dr. Bob prescribed.

mnw

19. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

One of the best friends of my life was a fellow who started out at TTU MANY years ago and in time through much life wrangling departed from Baptists and embraced the faith healing crowd being willing to die for the point. He was of late attending "The Nice Church" in Merriville,In. He attended one morning a couple of years ago and was drinking coffee and eating a sweet roll in their foyer coffee shop. He had the "Big One" right there in the foyer at 9:45 am on Sunday morning. They called for the Methodist Ambulance. They took him to the hospital and he was DOA. Now what's wrong with this picture? His name was Paul Calais. He died for what he believed in yet it did him no good at all!
    Thanks ------Bart
    .....a free people cannot remain free and be enslaved in sin, God save the USA.

20. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

When I was in Bible college in SC I worked at a prison. In the prison was a faith healer. He was convicted of burning a mans house down. I guess the man either wouldn't get healed or something. Not only could the guy not heal anybody he couldn't even get himself out of jail.