1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith is from Christ to the Elect

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Acts 26:18

18To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

This is a astounding message from Jesus to paul, in that Jesus is saying that faith is that which is in him..

Notice he says not " and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith in me, but by faith that is in me..

That is into or in the sphere of him..Faith is from Christ and of Christ.

This is why we have verses that phrase faith as the faith of christ..notice:

Rom 3:22

22Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Gal 2:16

16Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Gal 3:22

22But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

The elect receive faith to believe in him, because of His Faith and Faithfulness to the covenant engagements of the everlasting covenant..

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Notice Heb 2:10-13

10For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

11For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

12Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

13And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

vs 13 is very revealing, in that it shows that Christ trusted in the Father, that he would raise him from the dead, and it reveals, that those for whom he would die for, [ the children or seed] would also trust as well..

All those given to Christ, entrusted to him, will eventually believe or trust in their salvation news..

Look at Eph 1:12-14

12That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

What do we see here ? vs 12, that those who first trusted in Christ, was to his glory..

This refers back to Heb 2:13

13And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

Now in Eph 1:12 it refers to the apostles or Christ ordained messengers as those to Christ glory first trusted..

And this was before he died and rose again, did they trust in him, but nevertheless it was still a result of his God Man Mediatorial glory he always had before the world began Jn 17:5-6

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept[ trusted] thy word.

But paul goes on to say to the chosen Ephesian believers, that they also are to the praise of Christ Mediatorial glory, because after they heard the gospel of their salvation, they too trusted and trusting is believing as we see from the second portion of Eph 1:13

13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

So the trusting culminating in believing, is to the praise of his glory, that is Jesus Christ Glory..

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The elect trust and believe as a result of His glory He achieved after his death, burial, and resurrection..This is when he entered back into His glory he had before the world began..

Lk 24:26

26Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?

Faith or believing in Christ is a result and the fruit of his death and entering into His glory..

Notice Jn 12:23-32

23And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.

24Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

25He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

26If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

27Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

28Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

29The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

30Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

The fruit of Christ death, is to draw all men [ not just jews] to believe in him..

So as a result of the Death Burial and Resurrection of Christ, as an aspect of His Glory, He allots faith from him, to the elect.

2 Pet 1:1

1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

SBM,
    I have warned you once before. I will do it this one more time. This is a discussion/debate forum. Do not post long threads. Let's put a limit for you. You have posted three posts. No more than three posts. If no one answers then consider the thread dead. This forum is not a place for you to post your propaganda. If no one is interested in answering you then stop posting. I hope I have made myself clear.

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I guess if he can't "teach" anyone else, then he can "teach" himself...:rolleyes:

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk

I never said it was not !

Sorry but I am posting the Truth of God !

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is a privilege to post here not a right. Have you read the BB rules, and did you read them when you first registered. It is not your God-given right to post your material, right your "book" on this forum. If you are not willing to follow guide-lines you will soon be banned. Consider yourself warned, a third time.

8. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

What are they trying to promote?

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Savedbymercy doesn't interact with anyone on this board. He starts a thread, people question him on his assertations, he ignores them and continues the rant. He is not interested in discussion whatsoever, just the furthering of his doctrine. It is what's referred to as spamming the board.

10. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

LOL ok thanks wd

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Not really. Everyone has faith in something, faith is not a gift from Christ to the "elect"

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

webdog

Yes it is, until you show me a scripture that says it is not !

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Faith to know you are saved comes from the Mediatorial Glory of the Saviour..

He is our Saviour because he saved you..makes sense right ?

This Faith is given to the elect, so its termed the Faith of Gods elect..

Titus 1:1

1Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

It was also the Faith of Christ as He also was Gods Elect..

Isa 42:1

1Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

Again this alludes back to Heb 2:13,

The faith of the elect one Christ, begets faith into the elect, the children given him in election...

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is not how it works. You have made an assertion. Now you prove it.
    If I assert that the moon is fluorescent purple, then I have to prove it.
    You assert that faith is a gift. The onus is on you to prove it.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

#15 DHK, Dec 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2011
  16. Pastor David

Pastor David Member
    Site Supporter

"Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith" - Heb. 12:2

Sums it up nicely.:thumbsup:

17. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

Not so quick Pastor. One verse certainly is not all Srcipture has to say or imply concerning faith. Are we to assume from the one passage you quoted that man is passive in faith, and that it simply is given to some and witheld from others? Can faith be necessitated and still be faith?

18. Pastor David

Pastor David Member
    Site Supporter

My position would be that Jesus is the divine author of human faith. He is the pure source, the true origin of saving redemptive faith within the human soul. And that once Christ plants that faith in the heart it is ours to embrace and believe all things regarding our Savior. As Paul states elswhere we are to 'work out our salvation in fear and trembling' - work out the salvation that God worked in. We have the responsiblity to work out the implications of saving faith in our lives, as Christians. Thus Jesus is the author. Likewise, I contend He upholds us by the power of His might, never losing any of His sheep, but keeping us to the very end - thus manifesting Himself as the Beloved finisher of our great faith as well.

19. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

20. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.