1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Faith plus right beliefs

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Jun 9, 2012.

?
  1. Those who hold to faith alone in Jesus

45.5%
  2. Those who hold to faith in Jesus plus works

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Those who hold to faith in Jesus plus right beliefs

18.2%
  4. Baptists only who believe as I do

9.1%
  5. Anyone who has faith in Jesus -- Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican, etc.

36.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Absolutely nothing is required for salvation as far as a condition man must meet before God saves him, for Christ has fulfilled all conditions for that, however Faith and Right Gospel Doctrine is required for evidence of Salvation ! One must believe the Truth to evidence they are saved !

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

2 Thess 2:13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are saying they are ALREADY SAVED and need only evidence to prove it! That is not what the scriptures teach - "SHALL BE saved" (Rom. 10:13; Acts 16:31).

The elect are LOST until they are "SAVED".

The elect are SPIRITUALLY DEAD until they are "QUICKENED"

The elect are CONDEMNED until they are "JUSTIFIED BY FAITH"

The elect are "CHILDREN OF WRATH EVEN AS OTHERS" until they are made "children of God" by new birth.

Go learn what it means "I have purposed it; I WILL DO it" - Isa.46:11

3. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Galatians 1:8 (KJV) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
    9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

If someone brings another gospel than that which the Apostles preached, Paul says those bringing that gospel are accursed... anathema.

Stands to reason that if one brings another gospel and the hearer accepts that gospel then the hearer is also accursed.

Right beliefs are very important when it comes to Salvation.

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

So, only Baptists, and Baptists who believe a certain way, are saved.

This is the mark of a cult.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No one has said that. My husband grew up in a Methodist church. There was no Gospel preached there. Everyone was going to heaven according to them. So my husband's faith was in that belief. It wasn't until he heard the true Gospel that he was saved. He continued being a Methodist for another couple of years but still never heard any Bible teaching in that church. So he went to the Presbyterian church that was Biblically solid. So then he was a Presbyterian who was saved. Later, we came to a Baptist church but we could go back to that Presbyterian church because their theology was solid.

So no, I don't believe anyone here feels that the label "Baptist" must apply to be saved.

6. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Maybe you should reread the thread. Most have all but said it.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't see anyone here saying anything about having to be Baptist to be saved. Instead, they are saying that the true Gospel and the response to that Gospel is vital. If one has faith in the Jesus of Jehovah's Witnesses, is that the true Jesus? No. But the Jesus of the Presbyterian church is the Biblical Jesus and the true Gospel was taught in that church that we attended. I know many who came to faith in Jesus Christ in that church and these are people who are truly saved.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is the mark of one who is being arrogant and snotty.
    Perhaps you should reread your own thread.

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't believe in any of the points of Calvinism, but that is irrelevant to this discussion since it revolves around salvation not Calvinism.
    I am a fundamentalist. That too is irrelevant since this discussion revolves around salvation not fundamentalism.
    Why the red herrings?

Rom.5:1. Therefore being justified by faith we have peace with God.
    --There is clear teaching that justification (salvation) is by faith and faith alone.

Paul further elaborates on this in Eph.2:8,9
    Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

We are saved by grace--the grace that Christ provided on the cross when he paid the supreme sacrifice for us on by the shedding of his blood.
    We are saved by faith--faith in that sacrifice as the penalty for our sins.
    We are not saved by ourselves--There is nothing anything we can do that can saves us--absolutely nothing.
    It is the gift of God. Salvation is a gift. A gift must be accepted by faith. There is no other way that a gift can be accepted.
    Salvation is not of works. No work can merit salvation. It would be a slap on the face of Christ to even think that anything you can do can take away from the sufficiency of the blood of Christ. He paid the penalty; not you.
    "lest any man should boast." You have nothing to boast of." Jesus paid it all.

John writes some interesting things in his first epistle.
    The key verse of chapter one is verse 7:
    1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
    --It concerns fellowship. Our fellowship with one and other, and with Christ is based on the blood of Christ, the very basis of our salvation. It is not based on works.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
    1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
    --Christians aren't perfect they do sin. But we do have Christ as our advocate.

Here are some evidences of how we know that one is saved.
    1 John 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    --Do we keep his commandments? Do we have fellowship with other believers? Is that what we desire in our lives? A person remaining in an apostate church, a church where the gospel is not preached, a person full of unsaved people does not choose the fellowship of God's people. It is an indicator that that person himself is not saved. Generally speaking the people of the RCC are not saved people. If a believer remains in the RCC it is a good indication that that "believer" was never saved in the first place. A believer desires to fellowship with other believers.

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    --Going by what is said above his testimony is not true. He is lying. The truth is not in him. Why does he say he is a believer when he desires false doctrine, false teachers, ungodly people rather than biblical teaching and Godly people?

1 John 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
    --To remain in a church like the RCC is not keeping God's Word.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

2 Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

10. Steadfast Fred

#30 Steadfast Fred, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
  11. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

You just quoted one person who said a Church of Christ member is not saved, and another, a mod, who said that the RCC, Anglican, COC, and a host of other religions are not saved. That doesn't leave many besides the Baptists, does it -- you know, since it's only the Baptists who have "right belief."

12. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Maybe you should reread it. It is you who claim that "RCC, Anglican, COC, and a host of other religions are not saved."

Since you are a mod, you should not engage in false accusations and insults. You should give yourself an infraction. Further, based on your exclusivity, the description you charged me with more accurately describes you.

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

This is what I said

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Additionally interesting is some of the beliefs posted by him:

So there is salvation without Jesus or the Gospel.

So there is no eternal damnation.

Which is interesting since he calls himself an archbishop.

Nuff said.

Interesting. So the Bible is flawed.

"Reason" is a source of authority? Wow.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I know members of the Church of Christ who are saved because they follow the Scriptures and not all of the teachings of the church. It is the same with the other churches as well. If one believes in false teaching, are they saved?

16. Steadfast Fred

If we are to believe the archbishop's website, he is the only one on the BB who is saved. :rolleyes:

17. billwald

billwald New Member

The poll does not reflect the thread title.

Anyone is saved or will be saved who is elect. Does the clock timing matter?

18. billwald

billwald New Member

Exactly why does anyone need evidence of salvation? Evidence for whom? What constitutes evidence? Is this evidence permanent?

If a person chooses to be saved then can he resign his salvation or is salvation like joining the Mob?

19. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You just disqualified yourself by your own reasoning and rules.

You just disqualified yourself again, by your own reasoning and rules.

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I second that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.