1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith Received Part Trey!!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by convicted1, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

1. I disagree with Winman on several points, which we have discussed over the years, but I know him well enough to know that he does affirm the need for God's grace (as he just explained), and thus would most certainly never teach men can "do it himself."

2. Winman is one person, not "many," which is what your accusation stated. You've yet to show ONE who believed what you stated, much less many.

3. DHK doesn't support the concept they man saves himself any more than Winman does.

4. There is a huge difference in man "changing on their own" (as you represent them saying) and what they are actually saying, which is that God provides what they need but some resist his grace. If you can't acknowledge that distinction you will continue to misrepresent them.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

That's because you're looking at the wrong evidence. Pay attention QAF.

[snip - personal attacks are not acceptable]

#82 preacher4truth, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
  3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Over the line. Misrepresenting what one says is one thing, accusing two brothers in Christ of being Liars. Whoa

#83 quantumfaith, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
  4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yes, I was never saying a man is saved by works and he knows it, as I clearly explained in the original thread. I was arguing against Total Inability. I do not believe the scriptures teach that 100% of what any man does whether regenerate or unregenerate is evil.

We have some here that actually say if an unregenerate man tells the truth it is sin. I have to say, any doctrine that gets your mind this mixed up should be avoided. A person has to abandon all rationality to believe nonsense like this. But unbelieveably, this doctrine is able to convince people that a direct contradiction is truth. Not to mention that it makes all of God's commands meaningless and nonsensical.

How can you reason with folks who think like this?

5. preacher4truth

Yep.[snip - inflammatory language is not acceptable and you were already warned for this]

#85 preacher4truth, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2011
  6. quantumfaith

Take all the notes you want, I will continue as I please, hopefully always within the boundaries of the rules. I won't call others liars, not even YOU.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It doesn't make much difference. Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt, my point all along is simply strengthened. I have continuously said that the source of faith is "hearing the word of God." It is not a gift; it comes by hearing the Word of God. Closed case.

8. preacher4truth

you said in this context "God judges man by his works" in arguing against unconditional election. :thumbsup:

Prove where anyone said if man tells the truth it is a sin. You are the only one who has ever said this. You have absolutely no proof anyone ever said this other than you.

9. preacher4truth

It comes from where?

10. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

I know as I read the posts here, one poster in particular seems to have a pattern of misrepresentation.

Of course, and as I have posted before, an unbeliever can do what is good. It happens all the time. But it's hard for some to go against their own theological system.

11. preacher4truth

Nope. You were arguing against unconditional election not total inability.

You say it is conditional that we are elected, and stated to prove it "God judges man according to his works"

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

We are having a debate in this thread. It is called: Faith Received Part Trey

I would consider it unethical for you to go and search other threads/forums to bring in other quotes (probably taken out of context). Keep the conversation here. The topic is posted for you. Debate it. Quote what I say in this thread. Refute what I say from Scripture. God does not give spiritual gifts (like faith) to the unregenerate. You are unable to refute, and when that happens you get yourself all in a tizzy. Instead of using Scripture you start hurling insults. Four threads now. You are upset. You cannot refute this truth: God does not give faith to unregenerate.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

He doesn't get it, if he had never heard of Jesus he couldn't possibly believe in Jesus. It is that simple.

And how did he get this knowledge of Jesus? Did God supernaturally zap him to know this? No, he learned like we all do, from either reading the scriptures, or hearing someone preach the scriptures.

{inflammatory language deleted]

He is correct that I believe in conditional election, I believe you have to trust Christ to be elect, but God in his foreknowledge knew who would believe. Nothing unusual about this, this is what most non-Cals/Arms believe.

#93 Winman, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
  14. quantumfaith

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

#94 quantumfaith, Jun 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2011
  15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I just spent time reading that thread. You have misrepresented him once again.

16. preacher4truth

There's more.

:)

17. preacher4truth

Believe me, none of you have me in a tizzy. Go get yourself a Timmies and chill.

unethical to respond to skandalons request?

Hey, whatever you all need. I can stand alone. Attack away fellows. Nothing I have said is false. And you DHK have misrepped me on many occasions.

18. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Too many violations and misrepresentations and reports on this thread to allow it to continue. Sorry.

Try again and keep the personal attacks out please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.