1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith Undone

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by SolaSaint, Apr 5, 2011.

1. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'm reading "Faith Undone" by Roger Oakland. He really sheds light on the darkside of the Emerging Church movement. He gives many examples of mainstream Christianity practicing Contemplative Spirituality, Christian Yoga, Universalism, etc. I feel he has done a very good job exposing liberal Christians such as Rob Bell, Brian McLaren and Tony Campolo. My concern is, "How prevelant is this movement within the visible church today, and more important to me, how many Baptist congregations have incorporated these practices? Have there been any studies or surveys that tell us how much this false emergent theology has spread into our churches. Is this a problem or just another short lived phase? With the spiritual shallowness of many in our churches today I'm afraid this will take over most of our churches. What do you all think?