1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Faith

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by th1bill, Feb 21, 2013.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know how to do a spiritual Inventory? There are clues through-out the scriptures but today I'll just concentrate on Psa. 46:10 "Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

This week we have seen a twenty ton or better stone impact the Earth in the USSR, killing a reported 1200 and injuring many more. Add to that the further near miss, a rock better than three football fields in size and folks are going crazy... I'm not! Add to this the imitator in the Oval Office doing all he can to accomplish the promised demise of the US and the Line he drew in the sand in, what was it, August of 2011 where he has backed the Republican Party up to and, although I have nothing left but my SS and the Veteran Pension, I'm still not worried!

Rocks, boulders and mountains have been zooming out of Space for the last Six Thousand Years and God has known where every single one of them would and where, in the future, they will fall. He knew six thousand years ago that the smaller of the two, this week, would crash into Russia and He knew the three football fielder would fly between the path of some of our Satellites and the Earth, scaring the people.

How much faith do you have in God? The answer to this question is a very good point to begin your personal inventory. Joh 3:36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." I can not be killed! Any nut with a Baseball Bat can kill this carcase but I am not just a body! At the age of sixty-eight, my body, afflicted with Multiple Sclerosis is about to kick me out!
    What? That's right, my Carcase is soon not to be the container for Me, the Spiritual me.

Look at the first section of verse 36, you and I are eternal! The issue is where will you, and I, spend Eternity? There are two, and only two, conditions. There is the Default Condition, Eternal Death and there is the Alternative, Eternal Life. Sounds crazy? I thought it was until I began to explore the Christian God thing, back in the mid-sixties. When I, earnestly, reached out to Him, He answered me... He still answers me, forty-seven years later.

So, are you indwelt by and with the Holy Spirit of God or do you, just, play Church? Is church a building to you? Or is church your Church Family? If you are Saved from the Eternal Death, are you quenching the Holy Spirit or does He guide you through everything you do, every moment of every day? Read Jeremiah 29:11-13 and remember it.

God bless.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God bless you brother.