1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fake Catholic Voters Guide Published

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 3, 2006.

1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

has been repeatedly answered without actually your ever saying whether or not you think it is "more fake". You have repeatedly answered only by quoting other people which, since you've already distanced yourself from them by stating that what you quoted was their contention and NOT yours, is pure weaselry.

I like that word ...I think I will use it! especially with all these
    right wingers trying to avert our eyes these days.

How do you pronounce it Daisy...weasel..ry as in like revelry. Can it be used kinda like wizardry?

nothing personal against the animal in fact here is a baby weasel ...cute huh![​IMG] cute little ol weaselry republican leaders on the defensive!

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thats kind of a ridiculous notion, you imply there is a difference between the democrats and republicans in the area of integrity, in fact it is exactly the same, there is none.

3. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

I said it ..I meant it! they are on the attack defensive

imho

Fact Republicns are in total control of the congress, executive and now the supreme court and imho the are sure lil ol wascally weaselry rascals that need to be shown the door.

They have had 6 years to show integrity ...this notion that democrats and republicans are equal as of now! is your humble opinion.

[​IMG]

In fact I think Gizmo should just flush all this little republican reprobates down the toilet.:thumbs: [​IMG]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WofFb_eOxxA

keep a flushing Gizmo ..till ya get em all!

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have to agree with you, every republican needs to be flushed down the toilet, as they are all thieves, liars, and thugs. The problem is that putting democrats in their place (who are the same) is not the answer.

5. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

How are they the same right now???

I have seen the threads trying to throw the democrats in with the republicans right now but it has been said myriads of time and it is the key[​IMG] They are not in power the Republicans are ...you really do not know how another party would conduct itself...you can opine and look at the past but as of now! to compare them to the republicans just does not work...imho they would do better because the know what the country expects and to fall into feeding the American people deception like the Republican party is doing is a mistake.

So people will try to drag the democrats into it to lessen the republican responsibility and accountability ..I just see through it...thats all.

I will say it! Hillary Clinton is a Goldwater Republican and she is a Christian...now how do you like that!

Tom Osborne is an honest broker but got steamrolled by Rove style Republicans because he does not buy into Rovian style politics.(he should be Nebraskas govenor)

Robert Kennedy Jr. is an honest broker

Pat Buchannan is a pragmatist and can be an honest broker but he has an Isreal problem.

Blanche Lincoln is an honest broker and a conservative...shocker!

Plenty of democrats that can lead us out of this mess and build consensus and think out side the box...it will be hard work after the bush culture of mess(now that will be hard work).

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Baloney, the democrats pull the same nonsense when they are in power. The difference between the two parties is a facade. They together own 100% of the power in this country. As far as how another party would act, it couldnt be any worse.

7. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I agree, it's very simple and to the point.

Right, I told you I would answer AFTER you did; you haven't yet.

Again, since you've already said that the author's contention is NOT yours, referring to it or reposting portions of it is fatuous.

Terry Herrington was correct, then, in saying that asking you to answer without insults and evasions is futile. I thought it might be.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pot, meet Kettle.:smilewinkgrin:

9. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Futile, futile, futile.:tear:

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Just as the republicans are scum, I fail to see how you see merit in the ideals the democrats embrace, especially from a Christian viewpoint.

11. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Come to think of it, there are some ideals of the Democratic party that I embrace - inclusiveness, feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, housing the homeless, stuff like that. I embrace some of the ideals of the Republican party as well such as fiscal responsibilty (which lately has been honored in the breach). I fail to see why you would not.

Besides, the Republicans are not scum (most of them); they are imperfect people made in the image of God.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Republicans embrace the same ideals.

13. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Carpro,

You have added nearly three pages of posts, yet you still have not answered a very straightforward question by my sister Daisy.

Why do you evade answering the question? Simply stating that you have when it is clear to even the most casual observer that you haven't really doesn't do much in terms of credibility. Perhaps you should stop claiming that you have answered it and actually answer the question.

Wow: I'm embarrassed for you.....

Also, you still haven't answered my question about the signature line of your posts........

BiR

14. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You continue to chase after others about answering questions. If someone doesnt want to answer yours or anyone elses questions then that is their righ not to do so. However since you are wrong about this it just exacerbates your misbehavior. To follow after another and continue to insist that a question be answered when they refer to a particular answer is harrasment. If you dont like the answer or even if you dont like that hey havent answered then you have the right to move on. But your harrassment and that of a couple of others on this board is not appropriate. What you need to do is move on.

#54 Revmitchell, Oct 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2006
  15. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Oh, I see.....

Oh, I see.....

Thanks for responding to my question to carpro.

16. Daisy

Daisy New Member

I don't think it is harrassment to ask someone their opinion on the topic which they themselves made the OP. I think it is ridiculous for them to claim they answered by reposting the same info while saying that what they're reposting is not their contention - really, what does that mean?

It is not harrassment in a DEBATE forum to pursue an answer to a straightforward question.

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently the definition of the word changes when we enter a debate forum.Give me a break. Debating is one thing. "Pursuing" after someone to get them to say something different than they want to say is harrassment. If they stick to there position just say I disagree and move on. This "pursuing" is rather hostile and unnecessary.

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

The rules are different in a debate forum than in a community forum in that challenging someone's position is not harrassment in the former while it might be in the latter.

You've been given many breaks, but you didn't notice or appreciate it.

If they refuse to say what their position is then they are not sticking to it, they are evading responsibility for it- whatever it is which we don't know 'cause they won't say :rolleyes: . We can't even disagree when they refuse to say what their position is - that's the irony.

I suspect their "position" is that they want to be able to criticize others while holding themselves immune from criticism by refusing to state definitively what their position is (weaselry).

I disagree. The "pursuit" can be stopped simply by answering the question instead of evading and complaining.

19. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Do you practice what you claim?

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is hypocritical to expect one to answer a question, any question, that you yourself refuse to answer.

It is also hypocritical to expect one to answer a question strictly in the fashion that you require. You don't make the rules for questions and answers.

It is also hypocritical for you to expect one to anwer as you require when you frame the question to get your desired response.

All that aside, I just like to pull your chain.:smilewinkgrin: