1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fallacies of "non-cals"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:, most particularly you first line.

2. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering the uniformed comments on Reformed theology you have made so far on this thread I am now convinced you have no idea what we believe.

I don't think you even read through a Chick tract on the topic, let alone understood that particular Website you cited.

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

4. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

AsteriskTom...

:laugh: Well, thank you for your kind words, friend. :wavey:

I appreciate your interest in my post.

Regarding your comment, I believe that all of these reformed websites that I regularly visit in order to get information do indeed know what calvinists believe.

And since that is where I get my information, I do believe I have a decent enough understanding of calvinism to post regarding this topic.

Again, thank you for your input.

God bless.

AiC

5. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Just remember though that reformed view of calvinism is NOT necessarily same as many baptists hold to it being...

reformed more "high " camp cals, while many baptists would be from "Moderate" camp

traditionally would go like this...
    Reformed regeneration faith both gifts of/from God
    many baptist Quickening faith regeneration God works to allow you the means to actually be able to p[lace faith in jesus, its just that those he works on/with WILL become saved, that proves their election is sure!

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No. the traditional Calvinist view is that regeneration precedes faith.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regarding Total Depravity and Irresistible Grace:
    When you say, "Can God make me become a Christian?" I tell you yes, for herein rests the power of the gospel. It does not ask your consent; but it gets it. It does not say, "Will you have it?" but it makes you willing in the day of God's power....The gospel wants not your consent, it gets it. It knocks the enmity out of your heart. You say, I do not want to be saved; Christ says you shall be. He makes our will turn round, and then you cry,"'Lord save, or I perish! CHS

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I am not much for "reformed" anything--reformed, revised, changed, altered, poisoned, not anymore genuine, etc.

As for me, I will stick to the Word of God, and its unalterable truths--those truths which have not been changed or reformed. :)

9. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that is same position both Arminians and Calvinists would hold to...

the point here is that there ARE differences among how Calvinist tend to see the scriptures regarding Election/Faith/regeneration etc....

sometimes think those who hold to Arminian view forgets that we all are not able to be "lumped" together

pretty clear differences between how reformed and some baptist Christians view these things!

10. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

JesusFan...

Yes, I do understand that their are different "levels" or "understandings" of Calvinism. Thank you for bringing that up.

And let me also say... *Thank You*...for your civil attitude and reasonable understanding concerning these issues.

Some of these others could learn a thing or to from you, brother. :wavey:

AiC

11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What form of calvinism do you like...how about Spurgeon, or matthew henry?

12. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's Word stands unrefurbished. But during the Reformation its truths were rediscovered and proclaimed with clarity. You owe a lot to the Reformation and its leaders.

If you aren't reforming you aren't growing.

13. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Do you believe a person can be regenerated for some time prior to coming to faith? For example, could someone be regenerated but remain unbelieving for hours, days, weeks, month or even years?

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

No sir. I don't grow by reforming. Horrors!!
    I grow by growing in the grace and knowledge of my Lord Jesus Christ. It is process called sanctification; not reformation.

What the unsaved need is regeneration; not reformation.

Either way you look at it, reformation is at the wrong end of the stick.

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God describes NT worship as a reformation, he was speaking of the reformation from Rome, not personal reformation..instead of salvation.You mis-read his post

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Oh no, I didn't misread anything.
    God does not describe NT worship as a reformation. Does God need reforming? It isn't man. Man first needs regeneration, and then sanctification. Reformation doesn't even enter the picture. If the believer sins he still doesn't need reformation, but rather repentance.

You can have your Billy Graham message of reformation and commitment.
    I'll stick with what the Bible has to say.

17. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    now thats 2 posts you do not understand!

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are the one not understanding. Luther was a fool as long as he was a Reformer. So were the others. The RCC could not be reformed, and never will be reformed. Perhaps someday it will emerge as the false prophet in the Tribulation. I don't consider it as Christian denomination but as a false religion that has murdered countless of honest Bible-believing Christians. This horrid apostate organization Luther, et. al., could never reform. The Reformers were foolish to even try.

The Bible clearly says to "come from among them and be separate saith the Lord."
    It always says separate, not infiltrate, or stay in and try to reform from within. That is not a Biblical philosophy. It is an anti-biblical philosophy. Separate from the ungodly. Don't join them

Rather than the reformers, they became Protestants (eventually), which the Baptists historically have always been (even before the so-called "Reformation.")

The idea of "reforming" either way you look at it, is not good.
    As Protestants, the protested against the evil in the church--far more Biblical.

19. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Get somebody else who is not a moderator to ask and I will answer them.

I've received two warnings in one day from a particular moderator and I choose not to debate those who throw their appointed weight around in a debate.

20. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I can't believe this crud goes unchecked. Where is skandelon and the other mods when this kind of crud is said by fellow mods?

There are people called LUTHERANS. These people believe what Luther taught was the Word of God.

You just called them all FOOLS!

There are also people, many of whom are on this board, who consider themselves REFORMED.

You just called them FOOLS!

We might as well call Frank J. Norris and John R. Rice FOOLS!

But you mark this down. We'd get a warning sure as there the sun sets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.