1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Falling away

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "presumptuous"?

Mat 18:7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
    Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them].

Please repent of this dark spot in your heart brother. God is light and He would have you to know He would want no room for darkness in His children.

Jam 5:20Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Would you? What power do you have that could make abortions outlawed? Voting maybe?

Neither do I condemn those who vote to allow the murders.

Then why would you suggest "We the People" should "not interfer" with correcting the injustice?

God bless you brother and I do pray you will repent in your heart of this attitude that is contrary to God's will for you.

God Bless! :wavey:

2. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs: Amen!

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As of yet you have not shown me anything in this thread that I need to repent of.

God bless you, too, brother.

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Read over it again and pray God may show you. :godisgood:

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good News!

I sent my OP letter of this thread to our local paper's editor and she published it! It was in todays paper :thumbs:

:godisgood:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I brotherly suggest that you look to your own house and pray that God show you where you need repentance.

7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thank you Ken! Good biblical advice and I do try to remember each morning to ask God this very thing.

:thumbs:

8. billwald

billwald New Member

Story about "Good Samaritan" defines "neighbor" as people with whom we have (the opportunity for) personal contact. Warring tribes in Kenya are not my neighbors and I can't help them in any material way.

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I hope that Christians come to understand that if they participate in having "test tube babies" or support that procedure for couples having difficulty having children they're doing the same thing as having an abortion or supporting the right to have abortions. Dr. Mohler finally realzd that and spoke out against IVF in his blog article.

http://www.albertmohler.com/blog.php

"A Rather Unexpected Aspect of IVF" -- Over a Million Human Embryos Destroyed in Britain

10. Chessic

Chessic New Member

Congratulations! I hope it influences others to stand against this slaughter.

As for Ken, it is not our job to change his heart; it is the job of the Holy Spirit. In the mean time we pray that God will stop the murders this "I'm against it but I support the right to choose" position have empowered.

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit changed my heart years ago.

I certainly agree with you there as I think that all abortions should be outlawed.

#51 KenH, Jan 24, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  12. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I guess that is between you and the Lord. You can tell Him this if He ask about your biblical views at your judgment. Maybe He will let your reasoning slide. But the Holy Spirit has taught me differently.

We are given the right to vote and yoke up with whomever we choose. So indirectly we do have a personal contact with those who cannot speak for themselves in this matter.

God Bless! :jesus:

13. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Praise God, mine too. And the Holy Spirit continues to work on me. I won't be finished until I leave this error filled body of death. The heart is decietful above all things. We need to strive hard to listen to the Spirit on these matters.

I once was appathetic to this, "pro-choice" sounds great doesn't it? To each their own, why should I care? But then the Holy Spirit dealt with my selfishness.

Why don't we all say the whole sentence from now on, "Women's right to choose to kill her baby". You won't find one "pro-choice" advocate who is willing to say the whole fact.

Amen Ken! Is there anything we can do to voice this to our law makers that gives us some real power to have it changed?

God Bless! :thumbs:

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell them what you want.

15. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is good :thumbs:

How about tell them you refuse to vote for them if they support abortion?

God Bless!

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not going to write off a candidate over one issue, not even the issue of abortion.

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Of course you realize that Roe vs. Wade was decided by a heavily Republican dominated Supreme Court. Ironic isn't it in the sense that the Republican party presents itself as the anti-abortion party?

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Even though Christ says thou shall not murder? You will still consider a candidate who supports murder?

God Bless! :praying:

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not really. There are some democrats who are pro-life and some republicans who are pro-murder. But by a large percentage the democratic party has embraced murder and the republican party has embraced life.

I believe it was in the last election for president that the democratic party refused to even allow a pro-life democrat to speak at their convention.

God bless! :thumbs:

20. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

And here, students, we find an example of the use of loaded language to support a position, rather than logic. This is akin to the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

You have more credibility if you avoid logical fallacies and loaded language.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.