1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured False accusations.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 37818, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mark 10:13-15, ". . . they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Allow the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein. . . ."

Little children, many of which are yet too young to believe. They are safe in the finish work of Christ who died for them. So they are safe if they die as little children and so need to be brought up in the faith so when they come of age can believe and be also saved.

John 3:1-4, "There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? . . ."

Matthew 18:3, ". . . Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. . . ."

2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am glad you quoted Matthew 18. The context of Jesus teaching helps us to understand that the "little children" also believe. This means that some little ones don't believe. I bring this up because the "little children" are those who are new born babes in Christ. This is not necessarily an age statement, but instead a spiritual birth statement. Therefore, if the Pharisees cause a new believer to sin, it would be better if they had a millstone tied around their neck and be cast into the sea.
    Jesus teaching should be a word of caution to all Christians who are mentoring those who are newly born again. Heaping legalism upon a new Christian and adding false teaching to these young ones should strike terror in the teacher.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @37818
    Briefly, directly, what's your point in post #41?

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is my view in the general redemption everyone starts out in Christ before coming of an age to believe. And in order to stay or again be a child in God's kingdom we must be born over, John 3:7.

Everyone starts out in the true vine, John 15:2. And must later abide 1 John 3:6. John 15:6.

Everyone starts out in the book of life and of age must be born of God not to be removed, 1 John 5:1-5, Revelation 3:5, Revelation 21:7-8, Revelation 20:15.

5. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot judge people's motives without sinning.

6. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, that's Pelagian theology. Everyone is born perfect and holy...until they sin. The possibility of sinless perfection exists outside of Jesus redemption.
    Care to rethink your ideas?

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So all of us are born sinless and in right standing with God, and do not become lost and sinners until we decide to do that, so why not abort all early to keep them saved?

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot understand what I wrote.
    Aside from the fact you reject general redemption, why would Christ need to die for those who have not sinned as you suppose a Pelagian theology.

LOL.

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are all born in state of innocence and forgiveness then?

10. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand completely. You wrote:
    The bolded assertions by you are Pelagian assertions. You then add a twist that when we come to an age of accountability, we have to then make a decision to believe and be reborn a second time in order to maintain that initial perfection, which all humans are born with.

Perhaps there is another brother or sister here who can walk you through the theological errors you are asserting and how they differ from orthodox Christianity. I believe I have tried to show you how your assertions lead down an untenable trail that is ultimately heresy, but you cannot or will not see what I am explaining to you. Therefore, I will leave you to ponder your error and know that I consider your theology unbiblical.

11. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical claim of an false accuser. If the under lined is true why aren't you perfect? Every Christian doctrine has at least a few points that are true. Except Calvinism it's completely false.
    MB

12. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If born innocent why would they need any redemption and forgiveness?

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are irrational in your Pelagian false accusation.

14. AustinC

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. You openly state a Pelagian view and then you deny it. This is you being irrational. Just once, actually read what you wrote as your belief and see it for what it is. You want to have a Pelagian theology and deny it at the same time. If you want to keep the view you espoused, then you have to own it as Pelagian.

15. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets see:

You are a universalist.
    You are a Pelagian.
    You hate God.

So what group of posters systemically make false charges rather than explain why their views conflict with scripture?

By falsely accusing others, the topic turns to the behavior of others, rather than the doctrine being questioned.

Even if the doctrine asserted is bogus, a person also holding bogus beliefs might use the false accusation ploy in an unstudied attempt at refutation.

For example a person might claim we were not "made sinners" but became sinners when first we volitionally sinned. But rather than present the verse that says we were made sinners, an unstudied person might make a charge.

16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    9 And I was alive apart from the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died; Ro 7

(no little babies in hell)

#56 kyredneck, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
  17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we born with sin natures?

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "General redemption" is bad articulation. Perhaps if you stopped calling it that some of these knee jerk accusations would cease.

Call it 'General Atonement' ...meaning that Christ's atonement did away with Adam's transgression passing down upon all men and all men are now born innocent and eventually become guilty of their own accord.

Born innocent is not equivalent to being in Christ. Esau was born innocent but God hated him before he had any works to be judged by.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are all born spiritual dead in Adam!

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    9 And I was alive apart from the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died; Ro 7

(no little babies in hell)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.