1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

False Christian Denominations

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Zachary, Mar 25, 2005.

1. John3v36

John3v36 New Member

Have you actually had a conversation with someone who converted to Catholicism? [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]I'm Ex-RC

All the people I know who left a christian church for Catholicism they like the service the people are friendly, my wife made me etc....

2. violet

violet Guest

I'm glad God's my judge and not the Baptist Board...

3. violet

violet Guest

Have you actually had a conversation with someone who converted to Catholicism? </font>[/QUOTE]I'm Ex-RC

All the people I know who left a christian church for Catholicism they like the service the people are friendly, my wife made me etc.... [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]I'm sure that's your experience. I've known people who have gone both ways and I haven't heard of anyone (going from either direction) say that it was not their full desire to do so.

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Ain't that the truth!

5. Living4Him

Living4Him New Member

And my response on page one of this thread.

I guess no one wanted to touch this with a ten foot pole. (Wink)

6. Living4Him

Living4Him New Member

Oh yes, I was firmly "grounded" in the Word of God. I was "born again" at the age of 5. At the age of thirteen I went forward for assurance of salvation and was told that I had to repent and be rebaptized because I probably didn't mean it at the age of 5. So, I repented again and asked Christ to be My Lord and Savior.

I was educated in an IFB School, I was on Bible Quiz team, Bible Memory Association, and an Awana Leader, etc.

Oh yes, I was always in trouble because I was told that my interpretation of the Bible was "too Catholic"

I guess the Holy Spirit was leading me "home" even as a small child.

7. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Wow, you and I have similar stories. I walked an aisle and was baptized at age 7 and did it again at a revival at age 14. (I lacked assurance and didn't know if it "took" the first time)

I was an RA and active member of the youth group, had daily quiet times, and was in several discipleship groups. I could proof text the Bible in support of "Baptistic" doctrines with the best of 'em (and could deftly explain away those troublesome passages...or so I thought...)

It's only been within the past couple of years that my interpretation of the Bible has become decidely more "catholic" (though not necessarily "Roman") after re-visiting some of the more "contraversial" passages (at least to a Baptist) and seeing how they were interpreted by the earliest Christians (ie at face value).

PS: Hey, Living4Him, what do you think about the "Peter in Rome" thread below? I'd like to see a Roman Catholic response (there is so few of y'all left here since the "Great Purge").

8. Doubting Thomas

Doubting Thomas Active Member

Never mind--you posted it even as I was posting my response. :D

9. Living4Him

Living4Him New Member

Just now added my response.

10. Living4Him

Living4Him New Member

11. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    My post did not say anything about your friend - just that I could think of a "few ways that might happen".

If you note the details in my post - I do not argue that your friend could not be a Catholic that is also a good Christian.

Please note - I am neither Baptist nor Catholic.

In Christ,

Bob

12. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Sounded like it.

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wouldn't it have been great if as an IFB teen you could have come to a board like this - seen the RC position asked "hard questions" and seen the RC poster asking their own "hard questions" to see how it all panned out -- before making that leap?

IN Christ,

Bob

14. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Or, have been scared completely away from the Christian faith, and become a Wiccan. I could see that happening quite easily, Bob.

15. Living4Him

Living4Him New Member

I actually made the "leap" last year, at the age of 35.

Now that I have reconciled to the Catholic Church, I am closer to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am also more fulfilled in my vocation as a Christian wife, mother, and homemaker.

16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

That's quite a testimony to the love of Christ, living. Thanks for sharing.

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I actually made the "leap" last year, at the age of 35.

Now that I have reconciled to the Catholic Church, I am closer to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am also more fulfilled in my vocation as a Christian wife, mother, and homemaker.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Are you the only Catholic in your family? Your husband and children are still IFB??

In Christ,

Bob

18. Living4Him

Living4Him New Member

No, my husband and children reconciled at the same time.

My parents, brothers, and sister are still IFB. However, my sister doesn't attend church much.

19. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hi Bob, where is this rule written which states that you must stay within a "chapter"? Please give me your source.

Isn't "Romans" a full letter written by Paul via the Holy Spirit? Did Paul write this letter in "chapters"?

God Bless! [​IMG]

20. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I quoted study because I cannot believe that a person who studies to show themselves approved unto God, rightly dividing the word of truth, precept upon precept, would come to the conclusion that the catholicism is preaching the pure Gospel of Jesus Christ! Just my view from what I have learned from comparing Scriptures to their teachings.

God Bless! [​IMG]