1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

False Conversion

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by music4Him, Oct 28, 2004.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Has anyone ever heard of false conversion? If so what would be tell-tell signs (if any) of false conversion? This is the first time I had heard of the words "false conversion" used in the same sentence.

FYI, I was listening to Don Comfort on "The Way of The Master" when I heard it. [​IMG]

Thank you,
    Music4Him

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I consider a "false conversion" to be one who simply believes in God, the death, burial and reserection, and without any repentence for their sins say a sinners prayer and believe themselves to be saved. They never repented of their sins, so they have had a "false conversion". Without repentence there is no salvation.

3. Seth3

Seth3 New Member

Anything not from faith is Sin. You have the man of faith and the Man of Sin. The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Falsehood. Both are Ministers of righteousness both come in Christs Name. One in His own nature the other in the nature of Christ. One walks in hate whose seat is the law which worketh wrath in them and are known and marked as division (Carnal) the other walks by the Faith of Christ which worketh Love (Spirit).

They both look like a lamb but one speaks as a dragon. Out of the overflow of their hearts their mouths speak one brings forth life the other death. They have their roots in one of the two trees and bear fruit afer each kind. We are to know them by their fruit alone. One has a form of godliness denying the power of it. The other walks in the power of it (indestructible life of love against which is no law).

God Bless

Seth

4. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Thank you JGrubbs & Seth3. I guess I come from the old school and forgot there was other denoms who have different ideas. [​IMG] Now I understand. [​IMG]

((((Hugs Ya'll))))
    Music4Him