1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured False witness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Aug 2, 2015.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed.

Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of the repayment.

HankD

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    QF

Only God can make that judgment as He alone knows the heart.
    These verses listed will be enforced 100%.....liars will be punished.
    The urgency humanly speaking is to urge people to repent and believe the gospel so their sins will have been paid for.

We are twice taught that we are to"mortify"remaining sin and corruption. ..rom8...col3.
    Biblical Christians are doing this daily....false professors ignore this duty and go on to the White Throne judgment.

The verse in Revelation describes some of the guilty unsaved people going to second death.

They "practice" their sin so much they are described by it...ie, liars,thieves,etc

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Good verse and reminder once again....we do not always remember to do this right away.
    Sometimes we need to pray and leave these persons to God.

4. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lawyers know that witnesses are unreliable.... and the longer the time between an event and the retelling of what a witness saw, the less reliable the testimony. We naturally try to re-arrange events to make sense to us.

Health care professionals also know that patients are unreliable witnesses of their own health. That's why when you visit a hospital the same questions get asked by different people each time. They find more information and more reliable information with each telling.

What conclusions can we draw from this? In general people are unreliable, false witnesses.
    God knows this. He provided a way of salvation from our inherent sinful weakness – a path to righteousness through Jesus.

I believe what Icon is describing though and what scripture intends is intentional false witness – the kind that is motivated by greed, lust, or a way to gain power over another.

This type of false witness is caused by a ill-bent, inward sin problem. This person is less willing to repent because the motivation of their sin lies in selfishness.

Still even their eyes can be opened by the Spirit of God to find grace through our Lord. The Apostle Paul is a wonderful example.

Rob

5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well now....I could say many things about you also being you like to be blunt...but your posts speak for themselves. :laugh:

If you jump into a thread with a chip on your shoulder, attacking the God I worship,or my brothers in Christ like a cyberpunk. ...I will go after the chip.
    Gutless little drive by posts with no biblical basis.....I will answer where others just let it go by realizing the source.
    There are many pastors who would post helpful things here, or who have posted more in times past but no longer do because they see the foul posting of the carnal drive by types

You think your posts are kind and positive RM???
    Care to take a poll on that?.

Each of us has our own "fan club".I have my share you try and put words in my mouth,trying to "think" and speculate what I meant, rather than ask me...
    I even have one who makes paronoid pronouncements about what comes out of his own mind that he projects on me....interesting place this BB.

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are exactly correct Rob. Good distinction and very well put.
    Person' s with an inward sinful twist...premeditated sinful false witness.

7. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Great answer Deacon. I think (only myself) so much of this is relegated to the intention of the heart....something ICON alluded to..

But according to a "literalistic" reading....as I presumed ICON to be inferring all bearers of false witness will not find a proper place in eternity.

8. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If closed theism is true, then our every sin, our every failure to present the truth, was foreknown and therefore predestined by God. But if God is not the author of sin, then we make choices not predestined by God.

So the question we must ask ourselves is, which side is presenting false witness of scriptural truth?

9. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I concur. It is one thing to point out honest differences with an opposing view. It is even OK to claim that view is wrong so long as evidence is presented and a compelling case made. But to intentionally misrepresent someone, or their belief, is the spin you wrote about. It is something we must not do, and if we fail, we need to quickly confess and repent of it.