1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fantasy Football league Registration is open

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Jun 27, 2007.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The Baptist Board Fantasy Football league is up and running. Tentative draft time (and we can tweak this) is 12:30 pm (half past noon) on Sat, Sept 1. I tried to make it high noon, but the system would not let me. That's EASTERN time. If that doesn't work, let me know.

The leage ID is: Baptistbd
    Password: board00 (2 zeros)

I'd like for members to get first crack at the teams, then we can see about filling things out. There is space right now for 11 more teams. Head to head. I did make some changes in point totals and added a couple of point totals for this year. I think we can make changes if necessary. (Adding slots, etc.)

This should be good :)

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

If that registration doesn't work, try this:

the ID# is 114727 and the Password is board00

3. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

How many teams are allowed in the league? Who is the provider for the draft?

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Tom

I tried to register with no success - doesnt like either the id or password

board00 - with two zeros

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Ok I figured it out - I was trying to register in the FFL plus (the fee section) I am in as the Zoo Freaks.

I will make the suggestion here as well - can we get rid of the individual defensive stats and just draft a team defense (cowboys, eagles) - the individual defense stats give me tired head. Mt theory has always been that FFL is about the O not the D!

I like head to head as well

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

12 teams. Yahoo is the provider. Let me post the link

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/

We can add more teams if we need, to a max of 16. We could probably also split into divisions if need be. We need an even number in order to have head-to-head with no byes. 16 is a good max since each could then draft 2 team DEF.

I'll consider that about just a team Defense. I've played in leagues that had no defensive personnel, just team D, and like last year with a team and individual players. I don't like the first of those. I like having everyone since football is 11 on 11. However, I can sorta live with just a team D.

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I like having the individual defensive players.

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Let's say that you draft Urlacher and the Bears D. Urlacher scores a TD on a fumble recovery. That TD is worth 12 instead of 6. This is why I don't like drafting both Team D and Individual D players.

9. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

My preference is team d only - a mans only got so many hours in a day, its hard enough to keep up with the offensive players

10. PastorSBC1303

How is that any different than if you have Carolina's D and they score a TD for 6 points and you also have Urlacher and he scores giving you 6 more?

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Fair point, but if you have a QB and WR from the same team who catches a TD, they both get 6 points. It just happens.

12. PastorSBC1303

Tom, in the end I will play however you set up the league. I have been a commish before and had everyone want things set up a different way. You set up your league the way you want, and I will go with it.

13. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I know. You have to be the 400lb gorilla at some point. I just thought I'd consider it.

While I'm at it, let me mention a couple of other changes. First, fractional points will be awarded. Without them, if you get one point every 25 rushing yards, and if you get 49, you just get one point. However, That shouldn't be fair. I think you ought to get 1.8 or whatever.

Also, you get points for your QB completions, but incompletes take some away. WRs get points for completions. Granted, it's not much (a QB completion is worth .1, a WR worth .25 points). So the scoring will not provide much more. But this should make things more fun, I hope.

14. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

The Vast Right Wingers are in and plan to redeem themselves from last year!:thumbs:

15. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Tom
    I agree with Pastor - its your league - I have no problems with however you decide to run it.

16. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm in and plan to win...

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Those in the Fantasy Football league: please identify who you are in the league. Just for fun, yes, but also we have a hacking problem and we need to just make sure that we're all on the same page. There has been a huge hacking issue lately that's still ongoing. I hope no one is offended by this. I am at present time the "Titan Bengals" although I may change my name to Save the Predators or Predators, to give my favorite hockey team an homage as they are under assault from a money grabber from the Great White North. :tear:

18. PastorSBC1303

I am in as HisTeam

19. Scrappinmommyx4

Scrappinmommyx4 New Member

Mama's Team is in and ready to go. You better watch out boys!! I finished second last year, but I won it the year before and I'm back to win again!!! :)

20. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Ummm...errr...sorry, there's a new league rule that prevents people with "Scrappin" in their names....it's a Yahoo thing...sorry.....:laugh:

Didn't you do well in the Fantasy Baseball of '06?