1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fashioning a whip of cords

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Istherenotacause, May 21, 2003.

1. Istherenotacause

Istherenotacause New Member

It is the heartbreak of every pastor to see sin in the camp, at least it had better be, or the man should resign!

How soon do you "lower the boom" or "drop the axe" as it is so-called before you deal with a situation in the church.

I've known some pastors to wait an incredibly long time to deal with certain memebers on things that were causing discord in the church, then again, I've known some to deal with it immediately. I heard a brother mention how Jesus "fashioned" a whip of cords before "cleansing the Temple".

I know examples should have been given to go along with what I'm asking, but to all who will advise, give experiences and the way they transposed, please, no names.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I give God a lot of time to deal with the heart. Sometimes I might have a brief discussion with a problem-maker to let him/her know MY feelings and position, but it often takes a lot more time for GOD to deal with it than I would.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Are we talking about an offense suitable for church discipline? Or are we talking about the pastor grinding an axe? Much sensitivity, consistency and wisdom are necessary. Generally speaking, the earlier in a problem you try to reign it in, the better. But situations vary so much, don't they?