1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fast with Jesus,

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Cathode, May 8, 2023.

1. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Give up those useless things we think we need.

Our only need is Jesus.

Be content to have Jesus, because there is nothing greater than Jesus. No Shepherd kinder and no pasture greener.

Listen to Him. Jesus is constantly guiding us.

It is us that are at fault, we are the ones that ignore His loving call.

Ask Jesus to help you deny yourself. To be with you as you deny yourself. You can’t do it on your own.

Denying self creates greater space for Jesus to occupy in you. You will then hear Him clearer, and you will become more docile to His direction.

Forget spiritual directors, go to Jesus these days. The world has turned to steaming poo, many have deserted the flock. Jesus Himself will Shepherd you, when the hired hands have run away.

Bitter bitter betrayal of those so gifted so nurtured to speak and to lead, it hurts to even remember or say it. In many places it’s left to a nobody sheep raised from the flock to do what Jesus asks.

You can not take up the duty of your cross unless you first deny yourself. Just say to Jesus “ I am afraid to deny self, help me Lord with your courage and strength, I love you and I’m trusting you Jesus. “
    Appropriate His strength, don’t count on your strength, no matter how tough you think you are, it will end in failure if you try.

You ask Jesus sincerely and He will do it. If you are truly real with Him, He will be truly real with you. Talk to Him like He is a real person right in front of you, not on a page, not in the sky, but looking right at you. Because He is looking right at you always with great Love.

You keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and you will be drawn closer and closer to Him, moment by moment, day by day.

Do everything for Love of Jesus, use everything, get inventive. Then start giving up things for Love of Jesus, till you finally sacrifice your human will and volition entirely to Him.

Then it will be no longer you that lives, but Jesus.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fast with Jesus

I have a hunch he can outrun me.