1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fatalism and the Westminster Confession

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben Elohim, Feb 25, 2005.

1. aa0310

aa0310 New Member

I forgot to add after "The notion that all of our sins, even those not committed as yet, and still in the future" HAVE ALREADY BEEN FORGIVEN

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello aa.

How many donkeys have you taken to the water?

The notion of our sins being forgiven in total is not of man as you witness to. You are saying that forgiveness is not forgiveness. Washed clean we are. We owe God nothing but an obligation of love. Sin unaccounted for leaves only fear and expectation of punishment.
    Stealing, adultery, and even murder are simply symptoms of our condition. We are sinners that is why we sin. That is being dealt with in the chosen in His time. You speak as if you are righteous, as if you fall into sin occasionally, but all you are is a sinner deserving Hell even at your best.
    You contradict yourself. If He forgives us then we are forgiven. This is the difference between those saved and those not saved. The elect believe He died for their sins. I see you don't. AC 2:38 Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off--for all whom the Lord our God will call."
    The passage you are misapplying is to do with purifying. Do not ask forgiveness and you will not be purified, that is, you will fail to mature and must be kept on milk.
    Since He forgave us our sins then what can He do about the openly sinning Christian but reward him? He has promised His children that He will never leave us or forsake us. This is what you are missing, love.
    1CO 5:1 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this? 3 Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. 4 When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, 5 hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.
    ...then how is God going to pardon what we are not sorry about! He takes us home because He loves us and feels for us and does not want us to miss Him. 1 Cor 5: clearly reveals what happens to Christians that stray too far.
    Shame I'm around for you then isn't it. I was saved as an atheist, I believed in no God before He met with me. :cool: Sorrowful heart? Shock was more like it. A great surprise. A great and wonderful surprise.
    Into works aren't you? That's death that is. There is nothing automatic about God drawing in one of His sheep. The angels witness great joy over us from Him. It's a personal interest He takes.
    EPH 1:11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will...
    Cease the lies they just heap up wrath onto you.
    Fatalism and the Westminster Confession is what the thread is about what did you expect to see? :cool:

johnp.