1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Father, I just thought I'd thank you for....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 17, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today, as I prayed, I thought I'd share my thoughts with you. It is something special to think of all He gives us, each day. Things we don't even realize His handiwork was on. So the following is my prayer, and I pray it reflects something similar to what's in your heart. In fact, I was hoping, each of you could take a minute to express what you are most thankful for at this particular minute in time!

:praying: Father, I want to express to you my deepest gratitude for a wife who loves me, and has stood by my side for 33+ years. For a dog that is not only a pet, but helps me with my diabetes. For a home when we were close to living in our car. For two sources of income that continue to meet our needs even though everything around us is going up in price. For a car that runs with little more than general maintenance. For my family and a world of cyber friends. For all the ministry opportunities, You have provided me over the years, and the most-recent opportunity to stand in Your name and minister to thousands through the miracle of technology and cyber space. For the angelic host of warring and nurturing angels who are always at my side and the side of those I love. For a wonderful mom and dad, who came to You through the gift of salvation and now live with you in eternity. For the grace that saved me from a life of sin, and aimless wandering! For things, I do not even see; such as Your invisible hand guiding my walk along the Narrow Path. I thank you for the things you chose to keep from me in order to protect me for Your work and will later on down the path! I may not have understood everything You did in my life, but I appreciate it more than You can imagine, because it is what You haven't done that has miraculously kept me in Your PERFECT will!

Truly, I didn't deserve anything more than just being saved from my sin and spared eternity in hell, but, You saw fit to grant me endless blessings in my lifetime; blessings that have always been on time to meet my every need! For all this and everything else, I praise Your name, and humbly thank you!
    :praying: