1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fave Sport to watch

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Jul 9, 2010.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You just made it into my will :laugh:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but they actually went out and dealt or signed for the nucleus of the team now. Arroyo, Rolen, Harang, Phillips all came this way. True that Leake (a recent draft pick), Votto, Bruce, and Bailey came via the draft (as well as a few more). So is it a matter of all those early picks coming to fruition? Hasn't hurt. But it hasn't helped the Pirates much either. (Take that, Central division foe!)

I hear you about the bandwagon, too. Almost everyone I went to school with in Tennessee rooted for the Cowboys in the 70s. Some were quiet Bengals fans, but I wasn't quiet about it. I finally got the last laugh in 81-82....well, until late January.

I supppose that's true of me as well. My wife doesn't understand how I can watch a game and not have a team I like or hate in it. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.

And you're right about playoffs and as Andy mentioned, March in bball. (See related thread). If it's the playoffs in hockey, that jumps up a notch or two, but since the time of the year, it often doesn't overtake the Reds which is its main competition but would easily overtake other sports on my fave list.

Speaking of Andy, I, too love golf. If the majors are on or the Ryder Cup, I'm watching. I like the pseudo-majors too (TPC, Doral, Memorial). I used to watch a lot more than I do now. I felt bad for leaving golf and tennis out, but since these have almost year round seasons whose most important events rarely coincide with many others, I left them off (Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup, and Aussie Open being the exceptions - and a little of the US Open in tennis).

2. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I love the Ryder and President's Cup too - match play is fun to watch. The years when we had that intense rivalry with Europe - guys like Colin Montgomery, Jesper, Sergio (guess he's still probably in it), etc. - those were great. I'll never forget watching Justin Leonard's long putt.