1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Favorite Andy Griffith Character

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Sep 21, 2007.

?
  1. Andy Taylor

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Barney Fife

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  3. Opie Taylor

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Aunt Bea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Odus

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. Floyd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Goober

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Gomer

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  9. Other (name)

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  10. I don't like the show.

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. D28guy

D28guy New Member

The thing about that program....and I'm referring to the classic black and white episodes...was that every single character was absolutly PERFECTLY portrayed by the actor or actress. Just amazing.

But I voted for the one and only Barney Fife. :thumbs:

I'm sure most of you have heard the true story that Andy Griffith has shared many times in interviews, but in case someone hasnt, when the show was originally concieved, Griffiths idea was that he, ANDY, was to be the "comedic" one in the show, with everyone else being "normal" characters. But he said that very quickly he realised, after seeing Don Knotts work the Barney carachter, that the much better way was to reverse things so that Barney would be the comedic star and He would be the straight man to Barney.

With so many egomaniacs in Hollywood it says a lot about Andy Griffith that he would do that.

Mike