1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Favorite Bible Book for Preaching

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Dr. Bob, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder what your favorite OT and NT books are for doing a series of messages?

I'll start:

OT - LOVE the Minor Prophets (hey, it's all ONE book in the originals). SETTLE for preaching from Joshua as my favorite single book.

NT - Kinda toss up between the riches of Matthew and the nitty-gritty practicality of Philippians. Guess I'd go with the former if in a long-term pastorate and the later if in an interim (6 month) situation.

And you?

2. grace_proclaimed

grace_proclaimed New Member

The past 30 months have seen me in the Psalms exhorting unto worship of the Lord and a passion for His glory.
    Have gained a great love for Romans. Wow! In the last 30 months I have preached over 70 Sunday Mornings from Romans and am now in Chapter 8:33. Just skimming the surface, too!
    JLS

3. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Wow!! indeed, Romans is a deep book and here I am skimming the whole Bible in 52 services or attempting to that is. I am not sure who said it but I like the statement " the Bible is so deep that the most brilliant theologians can't touch bottom but so shallow that little children can safely play along the edges"
    Murph

4. grace_proclaimed

grace_proclaimed New Member

Wow!! indeed, Romans is a deep book and here I am skimming the whole Bible in 52 services or attempting to that is. Murph</font>[/QUOTE]Well, I can assure you that there is no need to think I am a deep theologian :D I am simply trying to present the simplicity of the gospel of Christ and preach Justification by Faith so that people who have never really heard the doctrine explained can understand and, hopefully, trust Christ. I also hope that it blesses the saints. The gospel always lifts me up!!
    Do you have an outline for your 52 week study? Would love to see it.
    JLS