1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Favorite Christian Singer

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by atestring, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I like Petra but I think their best stuff is from the early-mid seventies, "Beat the System" and "Petra Live: Captured in Time and Space".

Mike

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jim Ellis, and SBG. Welcome to the Music Ministry Forum.

PETRA? Now that's old time singin'. ;)

3. Pete

Pete New Member

Mostly in order [​IMG]

My mum. I doubt there would be too many days in last 33 and a bit years when I have not heard her singing. And if there has been a day when she hasn't sung with voice, there hasn't been one when she has not sung with life.

A girl from Sunday school at old Church. 10yr old, what a voice. She was always keen to learn about God and make sure she had it right. I pray she will continue and I'll be able to buy CD in a few years.

4 friends of mine. (Means what it says, not a name of a group.)

Any choir that does Handel's Hallelujah Chorus, or almost any hymn (see the Hymn-Makers series of CDs)

George Beverly Shea. He wouldn't have made the list when I was growing up. I know better now.

Keith Green. Even though now and then he fell into the trap of writing a "what was all that about" song, when he wrote and/or sang a good one, incredible.

Honourable mention to Annie Herring for Heart Of Stone.

Petra are a group, not a singer, so I won't mention them. Whoops, too late. Well, while on topic of Petra, I think a mention deserved for songs like Creed & Love.

Now at the other end of the scale:

I had listed a couple here, but on pondering the names I had to doubt wether I could include them as Christian singers (or be nice when writing about them), so will just go on to...ME! I sing like a frozen cat playing the bagpipes in a blender full of gravel that's being cut in two with a chainsaw...Thankfully my guitars sound a little better than that...(sometimes...)

Pete [​IMG]

4. charles

charles New Member

[charles,

I apologize for not noticing earlier that you listed "no" as your religion in your profile. The Music Ministry forum is for Baptists only.

Sorry, them's the rules. ;)
    Aaron
    ]

[ September 10, 2002, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Aaron ]

5. tamosquito

tamosquito Guest

Hi, all! This is my first ever post in these boards. :D

Let's see...I'll go with (in no particular order):
    Rich Mullins
    Selah (if you insist on it being singers and not groups, how about the singers in the group Selah?)
    Fernando Ortega
    The vocalists in the group Go Fish ;)
    Geoff Moore
    My music pastor, Mark Alewine [​IMG]

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello, Ta-Mosquito. Welcome the Music Ministry Forum.

[ September 10, 2002, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Aaron ]

7. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Skillet is my absolute favorite band! Musically, lyrically, spiritually, they're the entire package. I just saw them last Saturday at a youth event called Fallout. Their message was incredible. Later in the evening Rebbeca St. James sang, and at the end of the night at least 40 people walked to the front to receive Christ. :D

For just the voice, I love the voice of Michael Tait, and the passion of Sonny from POD. Rebbeca St. James also has a beautiful voice, especially when she hits those high notes.
    God bless,

~JD

P.S. Korey, John's wife and Skillet's keyboardist, is 8 months pregnant with their first child. [​IMG] Congrats!!!

8. Torrey

Torrey New Member

Aaron,

Have I been out of pocket or what? I'm just now responding to your response of August 6.

I'm a Dallas Holm fan from way back. I started listening to Dallas Holm in 1981 just shortly after I got saved. Yes! My interest in Dallas Holm does date me somewhat. Dallas Holm is 53 years old. So am I.

Dallas Holm is still alive and kicking. As a matter of fact, I saw him in concert on August 2nd at Gun Barrell City, Texas. During his 33 year career he has produced 34 albums/cds. His latest is called "Before Your Throne".

9. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

He hasn't yet kicked Stonehill out of the #1 spot, but Coral Reefer, Peter Mayer has two gospel albums out and is spending a lot of time in my CD plyer lately.

10. cash1611

cash1611 New Member

Well guys, I have to go here with artists that I've been fortunate enough to see live.

Group: The Benjamin Gate

Female: Twila Paris/Rebecca St. James

Male: Johnny Cash [​IMG]

11. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member