1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Favorite Gardens

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Gwen, May 21, 2008.

1. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

My cousin and I visited Barnsley Gardens near Calhoun, GA on Monday. It was really beautiful. The roses were at their peak, and the weather was lovely! It's one of my favorite gardens to visit. I also like The Biltmore House, and a little garden in England that no one has ever heard of, called Brueren.

Here are some pics of our trip to Barnsley:

Delphiniums:

[​IMG]

The Rock Garden:

[​IMG]

Gazebo with Roses and Cat Mint:

[​IMG]

Rose Arbor:

[​IMG]

Do you have a favorite garden that you have visited?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

#2 donnA, May 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  3. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

My mom and I visited the Butchart Gardens on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, in 1982. They are absolutely magnificent and I have never seen anything like them again. www.butchartgardens.com I would love to go back some day.

Just a little closer to home, I also love the Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, South Carolina. http://sciway3.net/outdoors/park-hopeland.html We used to live in Aiken. When the roses and azaleas are in full bloom it is just gorgeous. We had our son's senior photos taken there in April.

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

The Biltmore house in Charlotte has some pretty gardens.

5. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

This is so close to me--why, oh why, have I not been before??!! Thanks for sharing, coz I'll definitely make a trip there now!

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Beautiful pictures. My favorite too are the Butchart Gardens, though we don't get to Vancouver very often (read: twice in my lifetime). Too bad too, since it is such a beautiful city.

Here are two others -- though they do not compare to Butchart (nothing does).

We just got back from the Flower & Garden Show in Epcot at Disney World near Orlando. Very nice. Try to catch it if you can.

Closer to home, we have Fairchild Tropical Gardens down the street. See www.fairchildgarden.org. A great place to visit if you are in the area.

[​IMG]

7. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Butchart looks wonderful! I hope I can visit someday. Fairchild would be fun--I love tropicals. They are so interesting!

8. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

Fairchild is located in Coral Gables, minutes south of Miami and only 12 hours south of Atlanta. It is spread out over 83 acres next to Biscayne Bay and has extensive collections of rare tropical plants including palms, cycads, flowering trees, & vines. Come & visit --- we need the tourist $$.

[​IMG]

9. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Bellengrath Gardens on Dauphin Island, near Mobile, AL.

10. Gayla

Gayla New Member

11. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

That looks lovely, Gayla. It was awarded the Top Public Rose Garden Award in 2004. I'd love to visit!

12. hawg_427

hawg_427 Member

I think it was called Christus Gardens in Tenn. I think the location is right. Beautiful place.

13. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I remember going there with my family when I was a kid. It was beautiful!

14. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

We have Pinecrest Gardens down the street from us. It is a city owned park --- 20 acres of lush vegetation, banyan trees, natural streams, etc. Plus, it is FREE to visit.

They have an annual art show there as well as an annual chili cook-off. Weddings & parties there help offset some of the city's costs in maintaining such a property.

[​IMG]

15. FriendofSpurgeon

Site Supporter

We had the opportunity to visit Butchart Gardens again this year. Simpy gorgeous -- just wish we had more time there. It is defintely worth visiting if you are ever in the Seattle or Vancouver area.