1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Favorite Gospel Passage

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Greektim, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's try a little edification and quote some of our favorite gospel passages. These are great reminders of God's saving activity.

It can be 1 verse, 1 passage/periscope, or 1 page. Let's enjoy God's Word together!

1Pe 1:3-9 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah! Because of his great mercy he has granted us a new birth, resulting in an immortal hope through the resurrection of Jesus, the Messiah, from the dead and to an inheritance kept in heaven for you that can't be destroyed, corrupted, or changed. Through faith you are being protected by God's power for a salvation that is ready to be revealed at the end of this era. You greatly rejoice in this, even though you have to suffer various kinds of trial for a little while, so that your genuine faith, which is more valuable than gold that perishes when tested by fire, may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus, the Messiah, is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him. And even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and rejoice with an indescribable and glorious joy, because you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 18:25. Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Good thread.

4. Bronconagurski

Bronconagurski New Member

Isaiah 53:3-12 (ESV)
    3 He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
    4 Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.
    5 But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.
    6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
    7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.
    8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people?
    9 And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.
    10 Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.
    12 Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors.

5. WITBOTL

WITBOTL New Member

Heb 6:18-20

That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us: Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil; Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

6. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

1 Timothy 1:
    15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. 17 Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

7. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Titus 2:11-15

I believe this pretty well covers everything today!

Titus 2:11-15 (KJV)
    vs11 - For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared unto all men,

vs12 - Teaching us that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts,we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

vs13 - Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our saviour Jesus Christ;

vs14 - Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

vs15 - These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority.Let no man despise thee.

Bro.Greg:praying::flower:

8. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I think Romans 3:21-26, and Romans 10:1-4 could be the romans road all by themselves...

Romans 10 - why working to establish our own righteousness will never save.

Romans 3 - All are sinners, Jesus as propitiation, recieving righteousness by faith, God as the just justifier of sinners.

9. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name JESUS, for He will save His people from their sins.

Notice it does not say He will want and try to save everyone, but be confounded by their doggone free will... it says, "HE WILL SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS." That IS the good news. Jesus never fails. Therefore we who believe are secure because of Him.

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's so many to choose from, but this is my current one:

14:1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
    2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

11. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Psalm 1

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Psalm 127

127 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.

2 It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows: for so he giveth his beloved sleep.

3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Galatians 3

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Just to name a few......................

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Please Brother, don't take this thread down a rabbit trail, okay? Let's use this thread to rejoice in the verse/passages that are our favs, and leave the debates to other threads. :flower::flower::flower::flower:

13. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed wholeheartedly!

Also... this is about favorite gospel passages, not just favorite passages. Just a clarification.

So glad Rom. 3:21-26 was finally mentioned. I almost put that myself:

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—
    Rom 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
    Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
    Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.
    Rom 3:26 It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 6:11

New King James Version (NKJV)

11 Likewise you also, reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

15. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are many that can cause my heart to soar at any given time, at this moment 'the K.I.S.S. of the Golden Rule' comes to mind:

http://bible.cc/matthew/7-12.htm

16. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To further clarify, did you mean passages that proclaim the gospel, or good news of Jesus Christ, or did you mean passages found in the four gospels? I think you mean the good news definition, but not positive.

17. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More 'K.I.S.S. of the Golden Rule' outside of 'the four gospels':

Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: love therefore is the fulfilment of the law. Ro 13:10

18. Greektim

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes... the good news message.

For instance (and my OP was from outside the 4 accounts as well) another favorite is

Isa 52:7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news [first time the word for "gospel" is used in the Bible, LXX in this case which the NT writers picked up and called it the "gospel" of the kingdom], who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, "Your God reigns."

19. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

John 15:

15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

20. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    6 Wherewith shall I come before Jehovah, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt-offerings, with calves a year old?
    7 will Jehovah be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my first-born for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

For those that have been smitten and have a sincere desire to know such things, what good news it is to hear the utter simplicity of it:

8 He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth Jehovah require of thee, but to do justly, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with thy God? Mic 6

Oh how fortunate these are:

Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Mt 5:6

The natural man NEVER asks, "What must I do?" Only those that have been smitten asks this.

#20 kyredneck, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012