1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Favorite Old Television shows the third

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Aug 13, 2007.

?
  1. Sanford and Son

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. Benson

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Happy Days

15 vote(s)
    46.9%
  4. Laverne and Shirley

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Kramer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Cheers

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  7. M*A*S*H

19 vote(s)
    59.4%
  8. Becker

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  9. Cosby

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  10. Seinfeld

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I consider myself a bit of an expert on MASH, not because I'm that big a fan, but because it's on like 300 times a day and it's constantly being drilled into my brain.

Klinger wasn't pretending to be gay. If he was, he was sure going about it in a funny way. I can think of at least two episodes where he dates women, not to mention that he was married.

Crossdressing used to be considered a mental illness. It was his hope that he could convince them that he was a transvestite and be discharged on what was called, at that time, a "Section 8".

Once it was explained to him by his CO that such a thing meant a dishonorable discharge that would haunt him long after his military obligations were over, he stopped and dressed in men's clothes for the remainder of the series.

Klinger wasn't a character in the book or the film, but was added for comic relief after a meeting where Larry Gelbart mentioned a story that comedian, Lenny Bruce, told him about his own experiences in Korea.

Another piece of MASH trivia. When I was a teenager, I worked at a local department store and was asked by a customer if I would help him find a toy for his autistic son. It was William Christopher. I remember he was very polite and soft spoken, just like his character.

2. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

Ok I did not see it.