1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Favorite Sayings....

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Copper, May 25, 2005.

1. On the Edge

On the Edge New Member

"What we are is what we do, therefore excellence is not an act, but a habit"

"I have but one candlestick of life to burn; I'd rather burn it in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light"

"Life is too short and eternity too long to live for self"

"In the vast plains of the north, I have sometimes seen in the morning sun, the smoke of a thousand villages; where no missionary has ever been"

"World missions was on God's mind from the beginning"

"We talk of the Second Coming; half of the world hasn't head of the first"

"Some want to live with in the sound of a church or chapel bell, I want to run a rescue shop with in a yard of hell"

"The command has been to 'go,' but we have stayed-- in body, gifts, prayer, and influence."

"you can give without loving but you cannot love without giving"

"Let my heart be broken with the things that break God's heart"

"The mark of a great church is not it's seating capacity but it's sending capacity"

" 'Not called!' did you say? 'Not heard the call' I think you should say. Put your ear to the Bible and hear Him bid you to pull sinners out of the fire of sin. Put your ear down to the burdened, agonized heart of humanity, and listen to its pitiful wail for help. Go stand by the gates of hell, and hear the damned entreat you to go to their father's house and bid their brothers and sisters not to come there. Then look Christ in the face -- Whose mercy you have professed to obey -- and tell Him whether you will join heart and soul and body and circumstances in the march to publish His mercy to the world."

"Here am I, Send me"

" Would that God would make hell so real to us that we cannot rest."

"
    I feel that I cannot go on living unless I do something for China"
    "
    The Great Commission is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed."

"
    It will not do to say that you have no special call to go to China. With these facts before you and with the command of the Lord Jesus to go and preach the Gospel to every creature, you need rather to ascertain whether you have a special call to stay at home."

"I used to think that prayer should have the first place and teaching the second. I now feel it would be truer to give prayer the first, second and third places and teaching the fourth."

"
    If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him."

“I would never have thought of going out to China had I not believed that the Chinese were lost and needed Christ."

"
    The supreme task of the Church is the evangelization of the world"

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

From Bonhoeffer, "When Christ calls a man, He bids him come and die" and from Richard Baxter, "I preached as never sure to preach again; and as a dying man to dying men"

3. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Pray hard in a storm, but keep rowing.

4. USMC71

USMC71 New Member

We need to take ownership of our church, not treat it like a rental.

Success is measured in faithfulness, not numbers or size of a man's ministry.

The church is a workshop not a dormitory, every christian, man and women is bound to help in the common cause.

A praying man is a fearful thing in the hands of the living God.

It is easy to die for Christ, but to live for Christ is different, without the power from above, do not be a witness below.

If there is going to be a moving of God, there must be a moving of humility in the hearts of God's people.

Answering the call of Christ, means you must re-direct the desires of your life.

One purpose of the temporal llife is to prepare for the eternal life.

"The chief danger of the 20th century would be, religion without Christ, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and Heaven without Hell." General William Booth, founder of the Salvation Army

"Show me a life that has been redeemed, and I will beleive in a redeemer." John Hyde

"If it weren't for Christians, I would have become a Christian" Ghandi

There is never an excuse for sin, but there is always a reason.

Missions cannot be done with spare time or spare money, it is a sacrifice.

All anger is wrong, unless it agrees with God.

There is nothing more nausiating to God than a cold pulpit.

Don't follow anyone, unless you want to stand where they are standing.

The pulipt is an important place, but the pulpit, without spending time in the private place will not be effective.

The worth of a souls can only be measured by the amount of the purchase.

Everyone is not the standard, God and His holiness is.

5. Rex77

Rex77 Member

God saves the best for them who leaves the choice to him.

When I try - I fail,
    When I trust - God succeeds.

6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

God does not want us to die for Him - He wants us to live for Him...

7. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When the herd is aheadin' fer the cliff, it t'ain't bad bein' a Maverick!

8. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

Well, don't do this to yourself.:laugh: