1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Favorite Spots in Canada

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No poll (sorry Saggy) but just wondering if 2-3 places in our frozen northern neighbor are "favorites" of yours. And why.

1. PEI. Peaceful, lush, surrounded by sea (and seafood). Anne of Green Gables is not alone in thinking it a very special place

2. Quebec City. Old and New, history and beauty.

3. Vancouver (city AND island). Beautiful parks and gardens in both Vancouver and Victoria. Ethnic diversity beyond measure. And surrounded by mountains and ocean. Can't beat the combination.

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I wish I could go to Vancouver and Montreal. And Nova Scotia.

3. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So like madre is half Canadian, eh, so we spend most of the time visiting relatives in Ontario - Brantford and Hamilton areas. My family used to travel to Montreal when I was a child. While there are many points if interest in Montreal, we went to watch the Expos play at Parc Jarry.

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Love Vancouver, Stanley Park, Victoria, Butchart Gardens, etc. Plus, people there are very friendly.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in Winnipeg the day Canada changed flags. Colorful ceremony on lush flowered landscape in front of the provincial parliament. Drove north east into Ontario (the part above Minnesota/Lake Superior) and some of the best fishing of my life.

Did truly enjoy being "overwhelmed" at the West Edmonton Mall. Going to take the wife to Banff/Jasper/Lake Louise in the Canadian Rockies and may just run 4 hours the wrong way (out onto the prairie) to see Edmonton. I remember LaRounde rotating restaurant and a huge arboretum/conservatory across the river.

6. RXD

RXD New Member

Mine one of the favourite and most famous spot is Jasper National Park. It is one of the largest mountain rocky park, surrounded by mountains peak and wildlife.