1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Favorite Vegas Hotel?

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Celebrating our 40th, I took the wife late Sunday night to Vegas. Just flew back into Casper at dinner today. Allegiant Air gives cheap packages (air for two, 4 day hotel, transfers, and more for under $500)

We were at programs, meals, and events in a number of hotels on the Strip and got to see some great places. We stayed at Bally's, right in the middle so could have easy access each way (still too hot to go far). It is a middle of the road place - with some good inexpensive dining venues and shows and lovely rooms.

Hit the Bellagio, Caesar's Palace, Luxor, Flamingo, Paris, Bill's, Harrah's and the Venetian.

We picked the last (Venetian) as the best and next jaunt there we will stay with them. This will give give access to Treasure Island, Mirage, Imperial Palace further up the strip.

SO . . . what is YOUR favorite Vegas hot spot??

(BTW I do not gamble - never have wagered a penny - but hit some quality shows, buffets and tons of free events like the fountains at Bellagio)

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Some people I know stayed at Circus Circus.

3. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Have stayed at the MGM and New York, all being work trips. Preferred MGM much better. Have visited most of the hotels there. I think you're right - the Venetian is wonderful. Plus (from what I understand), all rooms are suites.

What shows did you see? The last time there we saw Ka at MGM. Very different from other Cirque shows, but very good.

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bodies at the Luxor (reason we went - wife is a doctor)

Blue Man Group at Venetian

Burton Magic/Comedy at Flamingo

Did the Canal Ride at the Ventian and the Eifel Tower at the Paris. And all the free stuff at Bellagio (arboretum, fountains, museum, gallery), Caesar's Palace (Atlantis, Cher costumes), etc

5. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is this Lance Burton? I thought he was at the Monte Carlo. If not, you need to see him, as he has one of the best magic shows around, and we´ve seen quite a few including Copperfield and others (before the tiger attack). He even took our son (when he was about 5) on stage and then they both disappeared in a white corvette. Thankfully, both he and my reappeared.

My wife is a fan of Fat Elvis. He has an afternoon show on the strip and she said he´s quite good.

Regarding the free stuff, it´s amazing how much stuff there is.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Ten to one says you do. Seriously, and I do not know if they still exist, but about 20 years ago we stayed in Las Vegas overnight on the way to Yellowstone at Circus Circus. My wife and her mother went to see Sammy Davis Jr. and Jerry Lewis in a comedy routine, and I took our two small kids at the time to see the circus that was ongoing in the hotel.