1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

FBC Jacksonville

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by dh1948, Feb 9, 2006.

1. RandR

RandR New Member

bird,

What if you weren't Rodney. What if you were, say...

The church librarian for the last 10 years?
    The Minister of Missions for 20 years?
    An ed. staffer with a decade of service?
    Would you feel any less insulted?

What if your associate was being given the opportunity to apply for your job in the process? What if you had a doctorate and now found yourself reporting to someone who had previously been an intern?

How might you react to that?

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Same way!! I have a fallin' out with preachers who insist on cleaning house

3. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

There was anothre thread on a new pastor clearing house. I think everybody was in agreement that is was wrong to do it. I hardly think the pulpit committee of FBC Jax would have unanimously chosen a man who would even consider clearing house. I imagine that very question was posed to Pastor Brunson.

As I have said before, I live about 45 minutes from FBC Jax and have been there numerous times and watch them every Sunday before I leave for Sunday School. I would like to hope that Rodney Brooks' job is safe as would be the numerous other staff positions at that church.

Let's not speculate on what the man will do. He hasn't even preached yet and we've got him changing things. Let's let the process work and see what happens.

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

I agree completely. Speculation does nothing to help anyone in this process.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I agree completely. Speculation does nothing to help anyone in this process. </font>[/QUOTE]Now, now, SBC---don't spoil our fun here, Brother!!!

If there were a oil company drilling on your property and you asked them---"What'cha doin'??"

"We're speculating!!!"

"You're what????"

"Speculating!!! You know!!! Drilling!!! There might be oil down there----then again---there might not be!!! We can keep speculating----OR---we can stop right now!!! Its your option!!"

You'd say

"Keep drillin'---keep speculating!!!"

Now---if I were Mac---on the other hand----I'd be the biggest dummy in Florida to rid myself of the best music man in the SBC!!!! And since every time I've been to FBCJAX---I've found the facilities to be "spic & span"----I'd want to keep the same janitors, too!!!!

6. RandR

RandR New Member

I never intended to speculate that he would "clean house" in Jax. Go back and reread the posts. I explained the process by which he re(dis)organized the staff in Dallas. If you'll note I was trying to calm ShannonL's fears that he wasn't "traditional" enough or somesuch because of goofy titles on the website.

But no worries in Jax about all that anyway, or so it would seem. Miller declined to come with.

T minus 14 and counting...

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

RandR is it just me or do you got some "issues" with this whole situation at Dallas?

8. RandR

RandR New Member

PastorSBC,

I answered you about this on the other thread.

9. RonM

RonM New Member

Having seen Mac as my pastor in NC and then watching him on the internet in Dallas, I can tell you he never changed. He is Mac. He didn't change when he went to Dallas and he won't in Jacksonville. He preaches with conviction and doesn't try to impress anyone.
    As for the BMW, that is great he can afford one now. He drove an old rag top Jeep here in High Point and lived off of Krispy Kreme donuts.
    He might wear nicer suits, but his message will be the same, no matter where he is speaking.
    Jacksonville you are going to be blessed!

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Somehow it just won't be the same without Jerry Vines----of course, I said the same thing when Homer Lindsey passed away!! And I said the same thing when Adrian Rogers retired from Bellvue

Does anyone reckon if Mac will still host the annual Pastor's School???

11. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

The annual pastor's conference has become a staple for many pastors. I cannot imagine FBC Jax doing away with it. I believe that Pastor Brunson was the president for the 2003 conference.