1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Federal Judge orders Louisiana schools to stop Bible handouts

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Magnetic Poles, Apr 23, 2008.

1. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How did that work out for celebrity Wesley Snipes? Oh yeah, three years in federal pen!

2. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, advocate for whatever policy you want, just understand that not paying what you owe will get you 1-3 years in jail. I don't like paying taxes anymore the next guy so I vote accordingly. I think a lot of money is wasted in the government, but I also understand there are some things that we need to maintain a civil society. Then there are the words of Jesus in Matthew 22:15-22, "give back to Caesar what is Caesar's".

4. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

His trial was a high profile case. They had to make sure the cattle continued to pay their unlawful and unconstitutional tax.

Where was the media's coverage of this case? They don't want you to know the truth.

Tom Cryer, not guilty

http://truthattack.org/

Caesar is long dead. The Caesar's basically had a police state.
    The citizen's of Rome had to worship them. So, should we continue to pay unlawful taxes and worship the President?

I don't believe so.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wasn't this thread about bibles or something?:laugh:

6. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Someone derailed the thread awhile back.

Watch the videos. ;)

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Knock yourself buddy, but let ask you - have you stood by your comments by not paying your taxes or are you paying, but really, really, really unhappy about it.

8. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I never said I didn't pay them. I'm just saying we really don't have to and people are finally starting to realize this and are asking questions. They IRS are avoiding the real answer, which is you don't have to and they are stealing your money.

I am unhappy with the government. We need to take it back and reboot. :wavey:

:saint:

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Plenty other countries to live in...

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do some folks on the radical right always tell people they should leave the country when they disagree with government policy?

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If someone is so unhappy about something, why endure such suffering? I disagree with plenty of government policy...but I'm not throwing around the "take our country back" mantra.

12. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Asking questions is not the same as not paying, which though you say is not illegal, you must not really believe because you are still paying. And that would be the sound of credibility being sucked right out of the room!

13. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

I never said I didn't pay. But, we need numbers. As soon as we have them we will stop paying. The government doesn't have the right to continue their lies. They have to be questioned and when they avoid questions then they need to be exposed for the corrupt leaders they are and taken out of power.
    It has nothing to do with credibility. You don't even question the government. You defend corruption. Shame on you.

I guess we aren't good farm animals for the government.

I have the right as does anyone to question this corrupt and godless government.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

But you admitted you pay taxes...so you are just as much a "farm animal" as anyone.

15. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I question the government, all the time, just have found that they "listen" better when I'm not in jail! Just for kicks and giggles....I question

No Child Left Behind
    War in Iraq
    Wasteful spending in the Department of Education, Homeland Security, Interior and Transportation, just off the top of my head
    McCain-Fiengold Legislation
    Continued deficit spending
    Balance and effectiveness of Free-trade

So go ahead with your conspiracy theory based paranoia that has everyone expect you and the nut cases you read foolishly duped - and watch out for those black helicopters, phone taps and satellites listening to your conversations

16. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

That's what they want you to continue to believe.

Bush has already admitted to illegal phone taps. Under the guise he is protecting our "freedom."

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Untrue.

He announced that he authorized legal electronic eavesdropping with the oversight of senior members of Congress and a review of procedures every 45 days.

He was right or he would have been impeached by now. Democrats don't even talk about it any more. Only the most die hard Bush haters bring it up at all.

18. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

You can believe what you what I guess.

The USA PATRIOT Act creates a new crime of "domestic terrorism" -- defined so broadly as to include civil disobedience and other nonviolent forms of resistance. The PATRIOT Act also greatly reduces free speech and privacy, allowing for Internet and library surveillance and eliminating the need for warrants before searching video or music store records.

The new Homeland Security Department, whose massive reorganization of over 22 different federal agencies includes a beefed-up immigration office, renamed the Bureau of Border and Transportation Security, with a focus on catching immigrant violations and keeping people outside of U.S. borders.

Total Information Awareness, recently renamed "Terrorist Information Awareness," which hopes to predict terrorist actions by analyzing such transactions as passport applications, visas, work permits, driver's licenses, car rentals, airline ticket purchases, arrests or reports of suspicious activities. TIA would make financial, education, medical and housing records, as well as biometric identification databases based on fingerprints, irises, facial shapes and even how a person walks available to U.S. agents.

Patriot Act II
    If all this weren't enough, currently proposed legislation would increase the PATRIOT Act's powers. The Center for Public Integrity (www.publicintegrity.org) lists the full provisions of the act, which include, beside the deportation of citizens who are suspected of consorting with or supporting terrorists:

Immunity from liability for law enforcement engaging in spying operations against the American people;

Immunity from liability for businesses and employees that report "suspected terrorists" to the federal government, no matter how unfounded, racist, or malicious the tip may be.

Furthermore, PATRIOT II explicitly allows the indefinite detention of citizens, incommunicado, without charges, and without releasing their names to their own family members. And unlike PATRIOT Act 1, which expires in 2004 unless it passes another majority vote, PATRIOT Act II never expires and removes the expiration date on PATRIOT I.

Your Rights

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your statement was false. No matter how you try to rationalize it.

If you hadn't thought it so important that you said it twice, I wouldn't have bothered to respond and given you this opportunity to vent your hate for Bush.

For me, this off topic discussion is over.

20. The Scribe

The Scribe New Member

Sure it was false.

"If I had my way, not one gun control law would ever be passed in the United States so that only thieves and crooks would have guns and the common citizen would be at their mercy." -Pastor Jack Hyles (Chap. 17, Teaching on Preaching)

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.

Police State, Ron Paul