1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feds Target Anchorage Baptist Temple Radio Broadcast

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Jerome, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anchorage Baptist Temple radio broadcast draws FCC warning

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

This, judging only by what you shared, seems to be false martyrdom. If the church is broadcasting illegally, then they are acting criminally. It seems like they are skirting the law, bringing a just punishment, then claiming it to be persecution.

I'll read your link in a bit when I can. But on the surface, this seems like they're in the wrong.

Edit: I'll leave my original post. But I just read the link. If it's factual, then this is trivial, but still breaking the law. Kind of like getting upset when you get a ticket for going five miles over the speed limit. It's trivial, but you still bring the law.

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More here:

Alaska Church Among Latest to Get a Pirate Radio Warning.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My home church at one time had the same kind of set up for the hearing impaired. It was an ultra-low powered transmission. But, with the other traffic in the area, it didn't make it out of the building.

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our church has the same thing. The audio is transmitted from the sound room and picked up by receivers in the pews into which the hearing impaired can plug a headset.

This is just the FCC being idiotic.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christian Broadcasting Inc, (not to be confused with Christian Broadcasting Network) has a full power, (authorized) FM station - KATB 89.3 --(the illegal transmission is on 99.9)

In reality - CBI is part of Anchorage Baptist Temple. Though legally - it is a separate entity - probably for some legal reasons.

I used to listen to KATB quite often when I was in Alaska. You can listen onlin

#6 Salty, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    KANC broadcast at 99.7. If ABT is broadcasting at 99.9 - - it could interfere with KANC.

Several years ago -our station WVOA was on 105.1 FM. Our transmitter was about 30 miles from Syracuse.
    We had received tentative approval to operate a repeater on 105.1 - a couple of miles from the city. However, another full power station at 104.7 informed the FCC that several listeners complained that our signal was interfering with theirs. We ended up not be given permission to continue using our repeater.

• Informative Informative x 1