1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feedback

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Don, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, either everyone's away for Christmas, or the site is so bad y'all don't want to hurt my feelings....

4. Brett

Brett New Member

I think it looks pretty great, Don!

Since you asked for suggestions, I do have a few, although I'm not exactly a web design expert.

-The black-on-dark-blue text at the bottom is a little hard to read. Mind you, I *can* read it pretty easily, but a little more contrast would be beneficial I think.

-Under the menu on the left, ditch the black background for the text. I think any background like that looks ugly, no matter what the color.

-Although I'm sure this is just housekeeping, don't forget to get rid of the "PHP include" text on the quote part.

-I'm not a fan of rollover effects, like on the links, but this is merely a personal preference.

- A couple links on the left aren't very clear in their description: it says "free" for free web hosting, and "death statistics" for abortion statistics.

Things I really like:

-The layout is very well organized

- I like how the mission statement and quotes are right there when you enter.

- The ministry links should be easy to find since they're in alphabetical order.

- The three columns of ministry links looks great

-In contrast to the highlighting effect when you click on a link, I really like the menu that appears when you have clicked on, say, sermons and stories, and then can click on Main/What we believe/information... again - I think that effect is much more subtle and aesthetically pleasing.

-The "what we believe" section" is wonderful.

Hope this helps. God bless.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It helps a lot. Only thing I can't figure out is the "PHP Include" statement you saw; I'm not seeing that on either of the computers I'm using.

Thanks, and have a great CHRISTmas!

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brett, thanks for the feedback. Was able to redo the menu (my wife liked that menu, too).
    Kept part of the rollover effect for the links (my wife and a few others preferred some way of knowing they could do something with the links).
    Changed "Death Statistics" to "Abortion Statistics". Will change the "Free" button when I get a chance.
    Changed color of text at the bottom.

Thanks for the assist. Look forward to any other comments others might have.