1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feeding Sheep or Amusing Goats? by Charles Spurgeon

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Wesley Briggman, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Feeding Sheep or Amusing Goats? by Charles Spurgeon – Grace Online Library

"I do not hear Him say, ‘Run after these people, Peter, and tell them we will have a different style of service tomorrow, something short and attractive with little preaching. We will have a pleasant evening for the people. Tell them they will be sure to enjoy it. Be quick, Peter, we must get the people somehow!’"

What is on the menu of your church to feed the sheep? Can the goats feast on it as well?

"Again, providing amusement is in direct antagonism to the teaching and life of Christ and all His apostles. What was the attitude of the Church to the world? ‘Ye are the salt,’ not sugar candy—something the world will spit out, not swallow. Short and sharp was the utterance, ‘Let the dead bury their dead.’ He was in awful earnestness!"

Without the work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the individual, human efforts are in vain and give the impression that God is desperate to find souls to save.

Mat 10:14 KJV - And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

A side note (at no charge): How many missionaries lost their life due to the message of the gospel and how many lost their life because they were intruding where they were not welcome.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Pete Stepanovich

Pete Stepanovich New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haha short quick and casual. No not with Ukrainian households on especially holiday services. I plan to keep it as such with eventually my own too.