1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Feet Washing.

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by danthebaptist, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Not the part that was born again, the inward man.

BBob,

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What does "unbelief" include when speaking of sin. I think you will agree that we don't just say unbelief, but that the unbeliever is a sinner, which commits such acts as has been mentioned.

Let me bring you up to date. It has been stated on this forum, but not this thread, that a Christian can die in the very act of adultery and go to heaven. I do not believe that, neither does Sardis. Also been stated that a Christian could be a pedophiler. I do not believe that either.

What sins can we commit and not go to hell? I will list some, angry, talk too much, fail to visit the sick, fail to give to the poor when you have it, fail to assembly yourselves together, to name a few, it is called a "sin not unto death" that Jesus talked about. These are those we need an advocate for, or we receive chastisement for, so that we be not condemned with the world.

BBob,

#182 Brother Bob, Mar 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2008
  3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Who are the unjust Charles? They are the ones who never received Christ as Savior and are not justified. If you have been justified, you have been washed in the blood of Christ and His righteousness is accounted to you. These are the just.

We all sin Charles, if nothing else you sin in your thoughts because you still have the old sin nature. God did not take that away when He saved you. He gave you the power to overcome it through His indwelling Spirit, but it does not happen all at once. We are conformed to the image of Christ throughout our whole life. This process is called "sanctification" and during this process, we will fail many times, but we will still be "kept" by the power of God.

If we cease to sin at the moment of salvation, why does the Bible teach us about divine discipline?
    Hebrews 12:11

4. Outsider

Outsider New Member

Brother Bob,
    I agree with that.
    But we are talking about the flesh committing sins.

If a Christian tells a lie they are still sealed and kept by the Spirit of God. The inward man is kept clean. But God with chastize him and we will repent for that sin.
    Have you ever been "Whipped by the Lord"? If so, it wasn't because He just wants to administer punishment. It is because you sinned. The Bible teaches that when He treats you in such fashion, He is treating you as a son. So, if you have never been chastized, its because you are perfect or you are not His son.

Again, this does not give us a liscense to sin. When He punishes you, you remember it. After all, the "Prodigal son" was always his father's son, even when he was in a distant land feeding with the swine. God's children will not remain there, but I have seen some take that journey and be miserable until they repent and return.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Rom.8

1. [1] There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    2. [4] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    3. [5] For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wherever did I say that you can commit adultery so many times, but then quit ?

David under the law ? What does that mean ?

I really have no clue what you're saying, Brother Bob.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Maybe I misunderstood you, but thought I saw a post from you telling Tim, who said you could commit adultery that you were in the boat with them. Several have said it has to be a habitual sin, or a continuing sin, before you are condemned. Well, I do not believe God's children do commit such acts. I will exclude someone for committing adultery and probably be held more wrong on BB, than the one who committed adultery. We do not tolerate it at all.

1Pet.1

[1] Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
    [2] Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
    [3] Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
    [4] To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
    [5] Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
    [6] Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
    [7] That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
    [8] Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
    [9] Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

The bold is what I believe in Pinoy. Sure we are tempted, but with our temptation, He makes a way for our escape.

The Law was weak in the flesh, that is the reason that Christ came. I do not believe you can use David, or anyone else under the Law Covenant to justify concumbines, adultery, etc.

BBob,

#187 Brother Bob, Mar 2, 2008
  8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It wasn't for lying, or adultery either.

All liars will have their part in the Lake of Fire.

Prodical son?

The father said "my son, who was lost, but now he is found". You believe in a fall?

Would you please tell me if a child of God can be a pedophiler or an adulterer, or a murderer???

BBob,

#188 Brother Bob, Mar 2, 2008
  9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Excellent post.

Bob claims there's a list of sins a person can't commit & be a Christian.

I assume they are from 1 Cor. 6 & Rev. 21. But I can't really nail him down.

He wants to dwell solely on murder, rape, and sexual sins. He ignores the others.

Of course, my point is that he is mis-interpreting the passages.

Anyway, good points, outsider.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Bumped for Charles and Bro Bob

11. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I dwell on the murder, rape and sexual sins so I don't have to start explaining just how bad they are. These speak for themselves.

BBob,

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Originally Posted by Magnetic Poles
    If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. - 1 John 1:8

I never said that except the part that is "born again" and that is the inward man. Anyone who says I said that is being untruthful.

BBob,

13. Outsider

Outsider New Member

In 1 Corintians Chapter 5
    A church member was committing fornication. Paul instructed them to not fellowship with him. To exclude him from their membership.

In 2 Corinthians 2:5-11
    Paul instructs these same members to allow him back in to fellowship with them again because he stopped his fornication and repented of it.

We should in no manner preach that it is ok to committ sin. It is not. Also, we should not go to extremes to prove a point. The Bible teaches that sinners go to hell. I, for one, am a sinner saved by grace. The Bible teaches that if you are guilty of one, you are guilty of all. I view sin as sin. If you know to do good and do it not, to you it is sin.

I have seen people commit such sins and be the talk of the town. If they belong to any church, it gives that church a "Black Eye". The church has a responsibility to deal with these issues, for the good of their church. But if this person was a Christian, they have been excluded from their church, laughed at by their community and avoided like the plague. God's mercy goes deeper than that.
    They will have some repenting to do, as God will no doubt chastize them and bring them to repentance. The wound of what they done may never be forgotten by the community, as they will use this 10 years later to justify themselves. But God will forget it, He promises He will.

I most certainly do not. But I also do not have the authority to distinguish between a man who points a gun in someones face and pulls the trigger and a man who is not paying attention, runs a stop light and kills somebody either. Either way you look at it, it is murder. There is the intent of the heart, but I don't know eithers heart or their intent. No man does.

It is important to understand that I do not believe in this type of behavior. But I do think the message is that we are not to live in such manner, not that it is impossible for us to ever fall into the trap and commit these sins. I feel we all are very capable of commiting these sins but not being able to live in them. That is why it is so important for us to pray and study God's word.

With all respect, I know what you are saying and I respect it. I just have never been able to find the difference between a lie and murder in God's eyes. A sin is a sin.
    I would like for you to teach me this. As I have already mentioned, I have viewed a sin as a sin. If you could, please explain this in detail for me and give me scripture so I can study it out. Maybe you could shed more light on this for me.

14. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Bob:

You are right. I did say to Tiny Tim that I was "on the boat" with him.
    But that is in agreement with what he said that it is not what he avoids, but what Christ has done for him.
    Anyway.
    You also are correct, that with each temptation, Christ provides a way out for us.
    In fairness, I do not think Tiny Tim is advocating antinomianism (is that the correct term ?).
    I think Tiny Tim is just as conscientious as everyone else when it comes to following Paul's instructions to Timothy to "keep thyself pure".
    FWIW.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

1Jo 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin [which is] not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

1Jo 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

1Jo 5:18 ΒΆ We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Jesus talked like I do, when it comes to sin!

Jhn 19:11Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power [at all] against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

I need to ask you a question and please don't take offense. If someone committed adultry while a member of your church, would that person be excluded??

BBob,

#195 Brother Bob, Mar 2, 2008
  16. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Even here are three distinct levels of evil. Murder obviously is the worst. Rape is very evil, but it isn't taking a life. Sexual sin is a private matter.

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am closing this thread as it is on its 20th page. People, can we get on to other matters? Though a Foot Washing II thread is in order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.