1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fellowship Ministry, by E-mail

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by mercy, Jan 25, 2004.

1. mercy

mercy New Member

Hi! Do you agree as Christians it is good to have fellowship with Believers, and that it is best to have someone to walk with you, especially for the new babe in Christ? We are all one body, right?
    There is a part of the Body that is forgotten, those in prison who lack this supportive human contact, often have no one to fellowship with, no one to mentor them, or give encouragement.

Why is this? Maybe we are not aware of this need. Or for some reason we don't want to be involved with a person who is incarcerated. I am not sure why. But I do know God loves them, Jesus died for them, and Jesus has told us to visit them. Read Matthew 25:31-46.

The need is so great in fact that Christian Pen Pals outreach to the prisoners has a program for people who will minister to them by E-mail, through a loved one willing to be the Go-Between. There are about 20 males and 1 female on this list now, they just want a friend in Christ, to know they are not totally forgotten by the world, that someone cares if they live or die.
    Many want to know more of Jesus and the Word of God.

The list tells about them, what they are looking for in having a pen pal, their interests, age, etc.

It will enrich your life, my husband and I have been greatly blessed by the brothers (and sons) we have incarcerated, they are surely a gift from God.
    God will bless you too!

If you want to know more, or want to join with us, visit: http://christian-penpals.com/

or E-mail [email protected]

God bless you, mercy