1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

file conversion

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by stubbornkelly, Feb 12, 2003.

1. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Okay, here's the deal.

I have a photo that somehow managed to get to me in .pdf form. However, it's proving to be useless, unless I only want to open the file at home and look at my lovely mug there.

Anyone have any ideas on how to convert it to .jpg or some other format? Or at least help me upload it in a viewable format? I've tried to "save as," but that doesn't seem to be an option. I'm now officially out of my element.

I know, though, that I can view jpegs and gifs on my home machine. Okay, and bitmap, but that's not an option I really favor. I hate when pics look bitmappy.

Any ideas? Or am I stuck with only seeing code?

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can take it into PhotoShop and convert it.

I can help you with that if you like...

3. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

4. blush

blush New Member

Do you have another graphics program such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro? The latter is free btw.

Anyway, if I couldn't figure out how, what I'd do is take a screenshot (open in as a .pdf and press "print screen" which should be right above "insert" - that copies it to the clipboard) and then paste it into the graphics program, crop, and save [​IMG]

5. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Thanks, all. I had a redhead moment (I'm red, so it's okay ;) ). But I opened it in Photoshop, and fixed it. Now I just have to resize it and upload it.

Phew. Again, thank you.

6. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. stubbornkelly

stubbornkelly New Member

Thanks, Clint. I actually just downloaded it (based, ironically, on a comment you made in another thread about image sigs - which is really why I'm doing this in the first place [​IMG] ). It's still downloading, but I've got faith. I'm trying to get it to the appropriate size. Oh well, that's the price you pay for beauty, I guess. ;)

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Point of clarification: Paint Shop Pro is not free. It's shareware, meaning the creators expect to get paid.

And it really is a great program.

IrfanView, however, is the top of the line when it comes to viewers/converters.