1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Film critic Rober Ebert-"Passion" is NC-17

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Jeffrey H, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

Film Critic Roger Ebert on "The Passion":

"I said the film is the most violent I have ever seen. It will probably be the most violent you have ever seen. This is not a criticism but an observation; the film is unsuitable for younger viewers, but works powerfully for those who can endure it. The MPAA's R rating is definitive proof that the organization either will never give the NC-17 rating for violence alone, or was intimidated by the subject matter. If it had been anyone other than Jesus up on that cross, I have a feeling that NC-17 would have been automatic."

For Full Review See:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/ebert1/cst-ftr-passion24.html

2. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

The above quote belongs to:
    Copyright © Chicago Sun-Times Inc.

3. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

He may be right Jeffrey. What Jesus did was take all sin to the cross. It was a wicked sight. Thank God He was willing to do it for me.

4. Daniel

Daniel New Member

Don't let the rating distract from the power of the message. It's not relevant THIS ONE TIME.

5. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

I'm not distracted from the power of the message. We know Christ endured incredible suffering.

I take Roger Ebert's comment as a warning to parents who take their immature children to see this film. They reason because it's about Jesus it must okay for kids.

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I wonder how many people are equating the film to the Eutricrist?? The film becomes real?? How many of you believe that??

7. Jeffrey H

Jeffrey H New Member

Blackbird,

I don't think anyone is doing that. I don't believe it. Only people that cannot seperate drama from reality will have trouble.

--Jeff