1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finally purchased a Cambridge Bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by thomas15, Jan 24, 2012.

1. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I use the NASB and supplement it with the NIV and NKJV. How about you?

2. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

just curious as to why that would be?

3. sdonahue1

sdonahue1 New Member

I have a magnificent NIV Study Bible in calfskin by Hodder & Stoughton. Thick, grainy leather and 2 wide ribbon markers---mailed to me by mistake when Hodder wasn't allowed to sell Bibles to Americans. This edition will put any American bible to shame. I also have the 400th anniversary Allan KJV Long Primer in dark blue with wide red ribbon markers, and some NKJV study Bibles made when Nelson produced decent Bibles---Smyth sewn, and nice leathers. A few Foundations NASBs, which are also Smyth sewn.

4. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I want to comment of 2 other Bibles I have.

The first is also my old NIV study Bible Zondervan. I bought this new retail around 1990. It is according to the cover it is Top Grain Cowhide. Sewn binding, great feel except the leather, which is in great condition but has a hard feel compared to calf. I'm sure it's not as nice as your Hodder & Stoughton but still it puts the standard issue of today to shame. This was my daily reader for 15 years or more.

The second is a NASB Foundations In Touch Ministries. This is one awsome Bible. No notes, no red letter, no references, just the text. Two wide ribbons, wide margins, Symth sewn and costs less than $95.00.