1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finally, there is proof

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ajg1959, Mar 23, 2008.

1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the next thing you are going to tell us is that a person cant help being an alcoholic because that is a disease.

3. billreber

billreber New Member

Watch out, Dr Rossiter! Those liberals on the board that certified you just might now try to de-certify you, since you disagree with them. Oh, wait! That's the board about global warming! Or was it the board about education? I can't remember. Or was it . . .? :laugh: :laugh: :smilewinkgrin:

Bill :godisgood:

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That article basically says you'd have to be crazy to show compassion for your fellow man. You better not let Jesus read that article cuz he will have to change the judgment criteria in Matthew;

Mt 25:31 (KJV) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
    32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
    33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
    34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
    35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
    36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
    37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
    38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
    39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
    40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
    41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
    42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

5. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I doubt that Jesus would supoort anyone who promotes abortion and homosexuality.

AJ

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That's a fairly limited view of a liberal. Two catagories of many. And the article implies you have a mental problem for being liberal not you have a mental problem for supporting abortion and homosexuality.

Secondly and biggest offence to me, voting for someone who supports pro-choice doesn't mean you are also pro-choice. Some of us choose to vote based on more than one or two issues. I too abortion is immoral and wrong, I just don't call it murder.

I am also set to defend the Gospel. This makes me very offended and defensive when someone finds some obscure passage by holding their Bible upside down and reading the verse backwards in a mirror with their left eye closed and say this is God's view on something. Then to use this interpretation as justification to murder is just beyond me. It’s just hard for me to believe God would clearly tell us that eating shell fish or bearing false witness is a definite transgression then leave something like a form of murder obfuscated or so debatable.

Now let's raise issues we clearly see in the Bible, how about removing social programs that feed the hungry? How about turning people, even strangers out into the streets becuse we cut the program that put a roof over their heads? You think Jesus would support these views?

Face it, it's not like you're going to get your money back if you stop social programs so I chosse to have my money used for my fellow man than to fight a war to bring democracy to people who didn't ask nor seem to want it.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Your a two note song, aren't you?

#7 dragonfly, Mar 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2008
  8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Actually LeBuick, you can pound your head into the wall all day trying to talk sense to someone who gets their "news" from WingNut Daily, and never get anywhere. Just remember this...the term "compasionate conservatism" is an oxymoron, and is neither compassionate nor conservative.

9. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Maybe so, but those are two issues that I cant comprimise on.

I could never get past those to even give consideration to the rest of the platform.

BTW, conservatives are not letting folks go hungry or kiccking them to the streets. I dont know where you got that info.

AJ

10. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Although you feel that these two issues are insurmountable and that you could never vote for someone who disagrees with you on these issues, which is your right, everyone else doesn't see it that way.

For me, there are issues I think are more important than moral choices people make. I am willing to allow people to do things I would never do in the name of freedom. Again, you don't have to agree. :type: