1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finding a church

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by askM, Jul 19, 2005.

1. askM

askM New Member

Hi!
    Can anyone suggest a good bible believing church (fundamental preferably) in NC? I'm about an hour north of Raleigh.

The people at my church are very kind and mission minded, but in 2 years I haven't been able to get plugged in to serve, even after asking numerous times. Certain ones seem to have a monopoly on all the ministry efforts.

In the over 2 years I've been there, not a word about prophecy, social issues, or anything controversial. Almost like an avoidance. Sadly enough, a lot of milk, and not much meat. I learn more and get more out of staying at home watching Adrian Rogers than going to my own church. Purpose Driven Life has been done at least twice and it's getting a bit old and frustrating (I found PDL to be mediocre at best)

Comments, suggestions? I'm probably being too picky.

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

3. shannonL

shannonL New Member

Nuese Baptist Church on HWY 1 is about 5 miles south of Wake Forest NC.
    It is a IFB church. You may have seen in if you've ever went down to Raleigh. It would be on the right going into Raliegh.
    I don't know how they are doing now but historically they have been a good church.

If your not so picky that you would go to a Southern Baptist Church call Southeastern Bapist Theo. Seminary in Wake Forest. They could put you in touch with some Conservative SB churches in the area.

In your particular area SBC churches far out number IFB churches.
    I lived in Raliegh 5 years. I know the area pretty well.
    In Knightdale there is Midway Baptist Church.
    It is a good IB church.
    Hope I helped you a little bit.

4. askM

askM New Member

No problems here with SBC. [​IMG] I am pretty close to Wake Forest...and familiar with the seminary there. Thanks for the suggestions thus far! [​IMG]

5. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member

6. JamesBell

JamesBell New Member

The church I used to attend in North Carolina would fit your description well. Sadly, it would be over 2 hours for you to get to the church. However, they used to maintain a list of good, Bible believing, fundamental churches across the nation. (A large number of the people are military, meaning they come and go. This allows them to tell them a good church in the area they are going to.)

You can reach them through their website at www.grace4newport.com

7. GodsAmbassador

GodsAmbassador New Member

While looking for a church for my brother to attend while at AIT (he's in the Army National Guard) I came across a whole database of IFB churches all across the country. The site address is: http://militarygetsaved.tripod.com It was set up originally to help military personnel find churches, but there are listings for every state. HTH!

8. BibleMaMa

BibleMaMa New Member