1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Finding a New Pastorate ???

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Hardsheller, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where do you look on the Web for Pastoral Vacancies?

It would be helpful if we could all post our favorite sites.

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

3. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Thanks Jensen.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    One site I like to visit is - PASTOR SEARCH : this site also has links to several other search sites.
    I also go to TN TEMPLE. You will need to go to alumi and then on to ministry list for the pastoral openings.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

6. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

I would also check with your local association and other associational offices. A majority of the openings are not even listed. Especially if it is a smaller church. God Bless you in your search.

7. ELT

ELT New Member

untangled, i'm an associate Pastor in charlotte, nc seeking a Church and not affiliated with an association. Do you have any leads to org. names that i may be able to aquire a listisng?

Thanks in advance

8. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey ELT,

I would check with the local association. Also, check www.churchstaffing.com and www.sbc.net. I think I saw a couple churches in the Charlotte area needing an associate somewhere. I could be wrong though.

Oh, I forgot. Gardner Webb has a list of openings on their site under the ministerial referal. Check that as well.

In Christ,

Brooks

9. scubablt

scubablt New Member

The Galveston Baptist Association 40 miles SE of Houston in the Galveston-Texas City area of Texas has just lost their DOM to a resignation. Not a good situation there, but we are praying for him. So, once a new DOM Search Committee is elected, some of you might want to send your resume to the GBA office in La Marque, TX if you want to be a DOM in a Texas Southern Baptist Association. The GBA is related to both the traditional BGCT (my choice!) and the new boys on the block, the SBT of Texas. It was BGCT only for years, but we were forced by the situation in the national SBC to accept the SBT churches into the GBA, or the GBA would have gone from over 50 churches to about 20 or so! Not a good thing. There would have been no way to even pay a DOM a decent salary with that few churches.

Meanwhile, if you are interested in any GBA churches, I am not sure what to tell anyone. Thee are some really good (small, medium, and some rather large) churches looking for pastors and other staff members in the GBA Assoc. I know of a few -- FBC, Galveston on the Island, FBC Friendswood, and several more. God Speed while looking and searching! I know it is a TOUGH time when you are looking for a place to pastor and everyone seems to care less and all the doors shut. But remember -- regardless of how people treat you, God loves you dearly, has a great plan for you, and He is the one that opens and closes doors anyway! Keep the faith! He will move you when the time is right and the place is the right one. **Remember--- you would not want to go to a church where God did not want you anyway! Ministry is hard enough as it is, but to be in the wrong place just makes it impossible!

BLT

10. ELT

ELT New Member

Thank you very much

God Bless
    Rev. ELT