1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fiorina is OUT

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Zaac, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Carly Fiorina Suspends 2016 Presidential Campaign

Carly Fiorina is suspending her presidential campaign, she announced today.

"While I suspend my candidacy today, I will continue to travel this country and fight for those Americans who refuse to settle for the way things are and a status quo that no longer works for them," Fiorina wrote in a statement released today.

Fiorina gained some traction in the Republican primary last fall following a strong performance in the first televised Republican presidential debate. After participating in the undercard debate, Fiorina saw a jolt to her poll numbers and earned a spot on the main debate stage for several forums thereafter.

She was ultimately unable to sustain the momentum and her poll numbers began to slip.

Florina's opposition to abortion and Planned Parenthood became a central issue of her campaign, with the candidate repeatedly accusing the women's health organization of supporting the harvesting fetal body parts for profit.

Fiorina launched her long-shot bid for the Republican nomination last May, touting her business credentials and status as a political outsider. She has never held public office but mounted a failed challenge to California Sen. Barbara Boxer in 2010.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/carly-fio...-campaign-202118100--abc-news-topstories.html