1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

First Ammendment or Big Brother or ?????

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Is that the right link? Don't see anything regarding your topic there.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The article is found here

Both the blogger and the church has acted inappropriately

#3 Revmitchell, Apr 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009
  4. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Both have acted questionably. The greater issue is the use of the local authorities to ferret out the offender by the church.

Sometimes we need to have the ability of annonymity to question leaders in our denomination. I have had too many friends taken down and destroyed by leaders when they openly questioned them. When you operate a church/denomination/convention from a standpoint of fear and intimidation you have violated the commands of Christ.

If these issues needed to be addressed I hope the blogger went Dr. Brunson first. I wouldn't be awfully surprised if his accusations were presented and then ignored. The same thing happened in the sad actions of leaders of First Baptist Colleyville and First Baptist Euless...both in Texas.

Right now (perhaps) the second greatest legacy of the Resurgence is the intoxicated money grubbing of many of the leaders that has led to their eventual dismissal from their posts.

The onus here lies with the sherrif's department dectective who should be disciplined. This is going to be one great lawsuit for the plaintiff. He's gonna get a ton of money out of these guys.

The actions of the police here are in direct violation of this man's rights. I'm more concerned with that than anything. In every church you have dissenters. Looks like FBC Jax was going to provide a biblically reproved discipline council.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

What is the biblical basis for this?

Taken down where? Destroyed? I am not sure that makes a lot of sense to me. What do you mean?

I don't know about violation of rights.

However, I am fairly sure there is no biblical warrant for anonymous complaints about the church. The Bible lays out the method to be followed, and it doens't include anonymity, so far as I can tell.

Churches have politics. It is sinful, but anonymous blogging for teh world to see doesn't fit the pattern of Scripture in Matthew 18 or 1 Corinthians 6 about parading your dirty laundry before the world.

The pastor may well be wrong. The solution may be difficult. But it should be handled biblically.