1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

First Official Day Back to Work and I am LAAATE!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Scarlett O., Aug 13, 2012.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today is my first official day back even though I have unofficially been back for three weeks and taught summer school through July 1.

But today is the first "YOU MUST BE THERE" day and the kids come Wednesday.

I am running at least 30 minutes late and I did so want to be there 30 minutes early!!

I get so MAD at myself!!!!! :BangHead: I am a hopless case!!!!!!!!

Any tips of making the most of the mornings because I have NONE and I need some sage advice!!

2. mandym

mandym New Member

Do not spend time posting on Baptist Board when you could be doing what is needed to get to work on time? :laugh:

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

ROFL! Poor Scarlett! Seems no matter what, the important days are the ones that get crazy!

Okay, here's how your NIGHT BEFORE goes.

This only works if nobody lives with you. Otherwise, they will ruin it all. ALL. They will eat your snacks, put your dishes away even if they never put a dish away before in their life, jump in the shower two seconds before you do, dig in your school bag for treats or your favorite pen, drink your coffee, unplug your teapot, and probably trip you on the way out the door.

1. You have a workbag. In the evening, you pack it with everything you need to take with you in the morning. Don't forget a bottle of water and a snack in case you're late and don't have time for breakfast. Now you have the peace of knowing you're packed and ready to go, so you'll lose the bag when you need it, even if it's in plain sight you won't see it, and the students will find out that teachers need to borrow pencils too!

2. You decide what you're going to have for breakfast and prep it as much as possible. Scramble and season the raw eggs, have water in the teapot and a cup, spoon, and teabag beside it or set the timer on the coffee pot. If it's cereal, have the cereal, spoon, and bowl sitting out on the counter. This way your cats will knock them all over and you'll learn to appreciate going without a real breakfast.

3. Take your shower right after dinner. It's relaxing and gives your hair time to dry before bed. Wear a hair bonnet/net or braid it to keep it from tangling. This way when you wake up, the hot water can be out or the electric or whatever and you don't feel all icky. If your showers are usually in the morning, then you can just have a quick rinse and be done. Woot! Now that you're feeling like you just woke up from an episode of Little House on the Prairie...

4. Got cats? Of course, because anyone who works in a school owns cats. It's an obligation. Take a minute in the morning to pet them a bit. It will help you relax and remember that thing you usually forget to grab until you've already walked out the door and locked it.

5. Speaking of locking the door, always have your keys hanging up in the same place to stop the morning hunt for them. This will allow you to lock yourself out much faster and then drop the house keys somewhere in the car and sit there digging between the seats for an hour so you can go back and get that thing you forgot to grab.

6. Now that you're organized, head off to school two hours late, hungry, no supplies, cat scratches on your hands, hair disheveled, and realize that being 30 minutes late once in a great while is okay.

I actually plain old forgot to go to work once. I was all relaxing, wondering why it was such a good day, went out for breakfast, kept thinking that whatever I forgot, how important could it be?
    I was all sorts of tripping over my tongue when they called as I tried to explain THAT one.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gina sez:
    WOO-HOO!!
    I would love to have been a fly on the wall as you explained this faux-paux!!:laugh:

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It didn't go as bad as expected. I have this horrid inability to lie without laughing hysterically (and turning funky colors if in person), so I ended up having to just come out with it.

Well, maybe it's not horrid, but sometimes a little white lie could be advantageous when it comes to certain questions. sssiiiigggghhhh

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Don't worry about it, I bet when you are on your death bed, being late for work will notbe anything you think you could have done better.....

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Okay Scarlett, we know you went to work late, but you can't still be there!

How did it go?!