1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

First trip to a "mega-church"

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by 2Timothy4:1-5, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I haven't seen anyone here suggest that, but the NT church did meet daily, which is far more than we can say for the modern church.

The point is not about the number of nights we meet, but about what our priorities are. My experience is that families who balk at attending church on Sunday night and Wednesday because they have too much to do are often found at kids ballgames, movies, sitting in front of the TV, etc. In other words, it's not about having family time; it is about having priorities different than church.

Bob is right that "all" he requires is to be faithful. Church is a lifestyle, not an extracurricular activity. If, as Scott says, people are involved in a night of worship and a night of Bible study, that is good. Here we have those two nights and that is what I encourage people to do.

To me, everytime this discussion comes up, it jumps out at me as one of priorities. We always find time to do the things that are important to us. Always ... And when church is important, we find a way to make it happen.

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Amen Larry. Amen.

Dr. B; Those would be MY choices for an office! LOL

In HIS service;
    Jim

3. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Sounds like a nice joint.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The RCC meets daily.

5. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

That may be true, but my comments were about the NT church.