1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Flame and CMR!!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by nate, Dec 15, 2005.

1. nate

nate New Member

Yesterday to celebrate his brand new album release Flame of Cross Movement Records chatted live with fans. Got to ask some questions and see his heart. WOW. He's incredible he is in Bible College right now and he's just awesome. Just so everyone know's he's a christian rapper and someone asked him what version he used and he said the ESV or NASB because of their literalness. So that just goes to show we don't need a dumb downed Bible version. (I'm not bangin Nelsons magazine NCV release I like those because the text is actually still Bible.)He leads a Monday night Bible study at his church. Someone asked if he's ever collaborate with a secular rapper to which he replied no because they are there to just serve God. Not make money. CMR has a sale $10 for Flame's new cd on sale through Christmas it's entitled Rewind so all you hiphop fans make sure you check it out.
    God bless,
    Nate

2. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Hmmm...

Now Playing: Bob Paisley and the Southern Grass - "Steeped in Tradition"

3. nate

nate New Member

It probably takes like 4-6 bucks per cd then you expect them to keep updating the studio.

4. gekko

gekko New Member

mike mck... come off it now. you know what he means. gosh.

5. Brice

Brice New Member

That's refreshing Nate. Thanks and God bless.

6. nate

nate New Member

He's really cool just simple. Albert Pujols (?) [spelling] played one of Flames songs everytime he came up to bat this year so that was kinda cool he shared how God had opened up lots of doors there.CMR is doin a lot of good things and I hope God continues to bless them.

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I know. I'm all for people making money. I just thought it was funny the way he said that.

Now Playing: Robert Earl Keen – “Gravitational Forces”

8. Daughter

Daughter New Member

I have only recently heard his first CD, I think it's awesome, the lyrics were very profound. I enjoy Cross Movement's music a lot too.

9. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

The guy probably is a Christian. And he is having a good time. We might argue that he should spend less time in Star Trek and more time out sharing the gospel, as we might argue with ourselves and our time on the BB.

But if he used a computer to do the translation, which I find very likely given the sheer amount of time it would take to translate something in Klingon, it is not like he could have done this for a foreign language. Such a method produces very poor translations to begin with (as I learned using a English to Spanish computer translation) and more importantly, no language would have an english-to that language translation unless it was common enough that it already had a Bible.