1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Floods in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by ktn4eg, May 2, 2010.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Please keep the people of Tennessee (as well as the other states) in your prayers as we have been experiencing some record-breaking flooding over this past weekend (May 1 &2).

At this point in Tennessee alone there is an unconfirmed total death count of 11. There is widespread devastation due to all of the rain that fell over just a short period of time. It's probably safe to say that thousands are stranded in either their homes or on the roads.

My church in Nashville has had about half of her buildings damaged to some extent. One building was totally swept away by flood waters. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Please pray much for those families whose homes have been destroyed and whose lives have been uprooted due to this situation.

2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

:praying::1_grouphug:
    Please pray much for those families whose homes have been destroyed and whose lives have been uprooted due to this situation.
    Praying for those who need comforted after losing loved ones caused by the
    flood. And praying that help will be soon for those who have damaged homes,
    churches and businesses. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

An update:

Latest estimates of the total property damage to our facilities is well over $400,000.

The building that was swept away in the flooding we had dubbed as "The Hope Building." We may have lost that building, but we have NOT lost the real source of our Hope--Jesus Christ!! We are clinging to the many promises of God's Word that He WILL indeed see us through all of this!!

If just one soul comes to know Christ as his/her Savior through all of this, then all of our losses will be worth it!!

Keep us in your prayers.

PS: For some pictures of the flooding and subsequent clean up activities, log on to www.compassionatehope.org

4. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Certainly. This impacts a lot of people, a lot of lives, a lot of churches.

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I wanted to update some things that my church has experienced as a result of the flooding of our property and that of the surrounding community.

First of all, I want to thank all those on BB who are praying for us and the people who've lost so much in these times. What a blessing it is to know that our God has given us friends who will go before His throne and pray for us in these times of testing!!

Then I want you to know that God is doing miracles for us that we never expected. Our church and community have bonded together as never before. People who we never knew before and from all over have stepped up to help us recover in both physical and financial and spiritual ways!

I could spent hours telling you of all the good things that have already come our way because of the many prayers and gifts of people God sent our way. This has happened because of your continued support in praying for us, and we thank you for doing so.

The recovery has begun, but it will still take a very long time to complete. Our God is going to see us through all of this, but He does this mainly through the prayers and support of His people. Keep lifting us up in prayer!

If God puts it on your heart to want to help us and our community in this time of need, you can find out ways to do this on these websites:
    www.compassionatehope.org and www.lighthouseministries.org

Thanks again for your prayers and your offerings. Because of your help, souls will be saved and lives will be transformed for God's glory!!

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member