1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Florida Baptist College (Tampa, FL)

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by KeeperOfMyHome, May 15, 2007.

1. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

http://www.floridabaptistcollege.com/

I'm in need of information on the above Bible college. My daughter is contemplating going there, but I don't know the first thing about this school.

Thanks!

Julia

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, KeeperOfMyHome.

I don't know the school, but I looked at its website and I looked at your website and it looks pretty compatible with your various positions. It is a fairly new school, which means it will still be working out the bugs, and there will be a small student body, but on the other hand there will be excitement and a freshness about the school.

Have you visited it yet? I highly recommend it. I'm sure you've already thought about this, but it was a wonderful experience for us when we went on furlough just before our son's graduation from ABeka home school. We went down to Pensacola for his graduation, so we saw PCC. Then on deputation we saw several other schools with him, and then allowed him to make his choice from those, which was Maranatha BBC.

The Lord had so obviously led and blessed our prayers and decisions. Our son, who had grown up here and in many ways was more Japanese than American, had a wonderful experience at Maranatha. Some of the folk there took him under their wing and really helped him in his very difficult adjustment time.

I hope this helps. :wavey:

God bless.

John :type:

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I am somewhat familiar with the leadership of the school and also took the liberty of looking at your web site and concur with John. FBC would be very similar to Heartland Baptist College in OKC as they are pretty much from the same roots- far right wing of the Baptist Bible Fellowship- although they would probably never admit that now.:laugh:

As JOJ said, a trip there would be well worth it.

4. mozier

mozier New Member

This one threw me a bit, for there used to be a Florida Baptist College here in the Florida Panhandle that recently changed their name to the Baptist College of Florida. So it looks like a new institution has taken up the name!

If you want to check out the Baptist College of Florida (located in Graceville, Florida), here is their website:

http://www.baptistcollege.edu/

I would recommend this college, and it does have accreditation.

Now the one you are inquiring about can be excellent, too, but like the other posters have said, it has to be checked out in person, just so you will know if it is legit or not. Palm Beach Atlantic University in West Palm Beach began as a small college out of a baptist church, so this one can be the beginning of a fine institution as well! But also be cautious, just in case the school falls apart or becomes a "cult personality" school (you know what I mean).

#4 mozier, May 16, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2007
  5. KeeperOfMyHome

KeeperOfMyHome New Member

Thank you all for your replies. I do appreciate that you took the time to answer. I will take what you said to heart as we continue our search.

Thanks!

Julia