1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Food for Thought

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Magnetic Poles, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amen to that!:thumbsup:

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great idea! Supporting businesses of fellow believers is a great start, though. So what else do you suggest we do?

3. mandym

mandym New Member

That's right stand up against liberal attempts at tyranny.

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obviously, you've never watched an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition with Ty Pennington.

By the way: Have you ever actually had a chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-A? I've never had a "greasy" one.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Big surprise to see you once again on the side of supporting the homosexual agenda while attacking the integrity of Christians! :rolleyes: And once again I will offer this revealing scripture concerning your heart:

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
    (Luk 6:45)

The assault on traditional marriage and family values is at a current national event as was the response. Your attempt to put down Christians on the premise of comparing a national event to everyday needs of supporting the poor and hungry is fallacious. Degenerate liberals overstepped their bounds with their intolerance against Christian values and began making threats to restrict a business owner from expanding his business in their areas while the battle over maintaining family values has recently been brought to the forefront nationally by those trying to push the homosexual agenda forward and the response being nationwide is perfectly understandable.

You want a legitimate comparison, on an individual level, this is the first time I’ve been inclined to make an effort to support a business that was under attack from those promoting the homosexual agenda by “attempting’ (They were closed due to running out of food) to spend a few bucks to eat there and show my support. Many, many times I have placed a few bucks in charity jars at the checkouts in stores.

If those promoting the homosexual agenda continue to attack businesses that hold to “my” Christian values I will continue to make the effort to support those companies many, many times as well…despite the dogmatic efforts of “some” to make these types of comparisons in an attempt to cast doubt on Christian priorities and principles.

Bull!!! Your motives were typical of your agenda on this board and as such your true priorities are well known!

#25 Benjamin, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
  6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Once again, you demonstrate your ignorance, Big Ben. Read the title of the thread. Despite your claims to know what others are thinking, you are not a mind reader as you claim. Perhaps it is time for you to take a break from your computer since it seems you get so upset over trivial things.

7. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Yet you seem to think you know the motivation as to why Christians support Chick-fil-a.

BTW, do you think homosexuality is a sin?

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If true, that your motive were not to put down Christians values and principles as an answer to this uprising against the secular attack on family values, and as per your typical agenda on this board to strike back against those who have stood up for great cause such as this, then there is a mission section on this board for that, Pal. Perhaps it is you that should take a break from the computer because you’re obviously failing to see that there is probably less than 1 person out of 40 here that doesn’t see what is truly on your mind because of knowing your stereotypical trolling actions/reactions on these types of subjects.

Contrary to your belief, supporting Christian values in the world is not a "trivial matter" (at least for Christians), and it does not take second place behind your love of worldly ways and values and I am simply pointing out that fact which is quite apparent from your common agenda of proselytizing otherwise on this Christian board. In my book you’re trolling and the scripture I presented does indeed give insight as to what is in on your mind and in your heart:

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
    (Luk 6:45)

No, it is you that is demonstrating ignorance by thinking you can disguise your heart while you are continually speaking up in support of your worldly agendas at every opportunity.

#28 Benjamin, Aug 3, 2012
  9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Benjamin and I have not been in agreement to many times on most any topic on BB...but His take on these events are scripturally based .
    You have not even begun to make a biblical case for your view...but set yourself in opposition to the majority of believers on this.
    It is not up to Benjamin or anyone else to have to read "peoples minds' to see that this is clearly the heathen raging against God and His word and lawful ordinances.
    The fact that even today sodomites are trying to counter-protest by attempting lewd acts at chick fila shows the nature of the wickedness being expressed and the open contempt for God's creation ordinance of Marraige between one man and one woman.

It is not the "loving thing to do" to excuse sodomite behaviour as being peachy keen. We do not need to hate them...but rather we are called to speak directly to the sin and rebellion of God's truth they they seek to proclaim as acceptable.
    Then can the gospel be preached to them, and all manner of sin be forgiven to any who repent and believe the gospel,
    Sin is not acceptable in or outside the church.
    it is a sad day when a professed christian would draw back from speaking about the sinfulness of sin.

#29 Iconoclast, Aug 3, 2012