1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Food Revolution

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by donnA, Mar 26, 2010.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

DId anyone watch this on abc tonight. It's chef Jamie Oliver (food network) teaching people whats wrong with junk and how to eat right, attempting to change the way schools feed the kids. It was really good, and I was shocked at some of it. I went right away to throw stuff out of my fridge and freezer, didn't have much I already shop a lot like he was teaching I guess.
    anyway take a look at it, even got some great healthy recipes.
    http://abc.go.com/shows/jamie-olivers-food-revolution

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You probably already know I share a lot of Jamie’s compassion about calling attention to the terrible things we eat in this country. I love his efforts and am appalled at the resistance he is meeting, but not surprised.

Interesting, that one of the only public supporters of his efforts in that town that he found was a Baptist pastor who preached about it, saying to “honor God with your body” and was very aware of all the disease, obesity and death associated with the nutritional problems in the area, and shared his concerns while giving his appreciation.

Who hires these school lunch administrators and USDA regulators which set the standards to not only allow this junk, but defend it?! The incompetence of those in these important positions is astounding!

Got to remember the two bread rule!...Yeah, stuff’em full of junk processed white bread…so shocked that America is as fat as it is.

As for Alice, I ain’t believing her attitudes are motivated by anything other than selfishness about not wanting any changes in her job routines.

Good show! I only saw the 43 minutes of but I wish I could have seen it all. I pray for Jamie Oliver and a “Food Revolution”.

BTW, I had trouble with the video in the link, but this one worked better: http://www.digitalnewsreport.com/2010/03/26-jamie-oliver-food-revolution/3604

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I couldn't beleive the junk our kids get fed in school, that was nasty.